µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

@rafi - my point is that the people who WANT those things are already *paying* for them in the PLUS version - if they did not include them in the free version' date=' then those who wanted them would *pay* for them. Including them for free does ZERO to increase any profits.[/quote']

Wrong "concept"...

Which is the wrong concept?

Giving away 'features' that are not particularly wanted by everyone doesn't increase profit or that people will pay for additional features that they do want?

Because if it is the latter, you are way off the mark on that, just ask Adobe or Microsoft. If users were not prepared to pay more for extended functionality there would not be multiple versions of their software products, each with a few more bells & whistles for a higher price tag.

Why would people [like myself] who do not use BitTorrent for downloading TV series or "block buster" movies want, or need "streaming"?

Having it in the client is just one more thing I have to turn off and to be honest I would pay for a stable client WITHOUT the extra unnecessary frills.

Advanced>Set Download Location... doesn't move a folder if is name contain a '

e.g. "David Mitchell - L'atlante delle nuvole"

In build 30428 the counters on sidebar are ok' date=' but on the main window not all files are showed.

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29563/3cd738295622035.jpg

Thanks - I just accepted a patch for that a few hours ago. That fix will be out today.

Still doesn't work in build 30444

[del]Looks okay on my end.[/del] Scratch that. Still fubar. Going back to a stable beta.

When *was* the last time there was a REAL "stable" client? Anyone?
--2013-10-04 3.3.2 Stable (build 30180)

so' date=' 3 months ago...[/quote']

According to *you* - as I said, *I* didn't find that version any more "stable" than any other version of 3x. You are simply quoting what has been posted by uT as being "stable".

I know this happens every time but.. the changes that are being made in these updates

are not the type of changes we should be seeing in release candidate builds....

This stuff should be fixed up in the beta stage aye.

When *was* the last time there was a REAL "stable" client? Anyone?
--2013-10-04 3.3.2 Stable (build 30180)

so' date=' 3 months ago...[/quote']

Oh Rafi.. I LOL'D.

I am only saying what I am seeing here, on my system, 7/24. That's all. Maybe you, guys, have unstable systems... :P

I'm fairly certain he's just talking generally. Like sure, it's stable enough to run without major issues.. but that doesn't really count as stable IMO and he's probably using something similar to my guidlines (forum posts, general experience).

3.2.3 is running 24/7 without any deal breaking issues, no memory leaks, crashes etc, 3.3.x just seems to be a mess that thankfully I'll avoid altogether.

It just too many large changes that resulted in general whackiness and a major half year fixathon.

It seems any "large" code changes seem to require near a full year of testing, the development process looks just that bad. Maybe just stick to .0.1 version increments every few months? :P

Hello all,

I upgraded utorrent from utorrent version 3.0.25460 to RC 3.4 build 30444

All torrents appear under "Torrents" or "Seeding" groups but all other groups are wrong:

http://s28.postimg.org/ouj2yeodp/Snap5.png

As you can see utorrent shows incorect number of torrents!

- I have copied %AppData%/uTorrent to local path (d:\programs\utorrent)

- I have used bencode-editor to change path & .fileguard

- I have tried to reapply labels. In this case torrents appear for a few seconds and the dissapear again

Any ideas?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=764802#p764802

After a lot testing I think I have solved the problem:

- I have downgraded to 3.3.2 build 30416 (latest stable version)

- Options > Preferences > Advanced > UI > Delete all Labels . Save .

Then restart application, add labels again and and reapply them.

(ok, it is painful but it did work)

For some reason, %AppData%/uTorrent has again some files (although the same files exist sto same directory of utorrent).

NOT just the labels are screwed up, ALL the categories are screwed up. I copied over my resume.dat from my current install and it wanted to re-hash/check everything!

Again, another botched release. And this is supposed to be RC3???!!! WTF!? What planet are you devs living on?

Why don;t you TRY running one of your builds BEFORE you waste everyone's time posting it? (No, I'm not yelling at the Admins who post the build, I'm yelling at the dev/manager who says that it's READY to be posted - that person is USELESS! Get rid of them and get someone who knows what they are doing!)

I just upgraded yesterday evening(was using build ~30250 for quite some time), today i decided to download like 4 torrents.... And my DL speed stuck around 1mb/s(of a total 6 possible with my connection), then i found that my browsing is extremely slow and speedtest shows ping ~960 with around 0,08mbit/s dl and 0,11mbit/s ul... I shut down uTorrent, and got 1ms ping with my 70mbit connection back.

The question is... i think you can guess the question. That looks like my router is flooded, but i had no such problem with that previous build.

Ok, now I *think* I see where the "ADD RSS FEED" prompt originates - I tried a fresh settings.dat, and it started after the first time I added a magnetic link.

Still no idea why - version does NOT appear to matter (as far as 3.4x goes)

My bet is that it's Windows related. Somehow you have .torrent files associated with rss feeds/links... Check what you see in the open drop down list (or open-with).

No, .torrent files are associated with uT, plus the association box is greyed out in the options. Also, the Open With default is uT.

There are LOTS of "turtorial" on how to set up uT for RSS feeds, but not a single one to DISABLE it.

I don't *want* RSS Feeds at all! I'd *LIKE* to be able to remove the option from even displaying in the left hand column.

Archived