µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

This also applies to v3.2.3

My uTorrent settings

bt.no_connect_to_services = true

bt.no_connect_to_services_list = 25,80,110,443,6666,6667,6668,6669,587

McAfee Access Protection Log is filed with entries like...

21/12/2012 9:49:16 μμ Blocked by port blocking rule C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent IRC communication x.x.x.x:6666

Why would McAfee Antivirus complain about such connections since these should be blocked from uTorrent, or does the McAfee filter kick in before uTorrent manages to block these connections ?

Why would McAfee Antivirus complain about such connections since these should be blocked from uTorrent, or does the McAfee filter kick in before uTorrent manages to block these connections ?

It means uTorrent is trying to connect/respond to someone using those ports :( Best confirm it with WireShark.

Seems to be working fine (though I DID have to check XP Compat to stop it crashing!!!)

However, this stupid "replication" bug HAS to be fixed ASAP!

Otherwise, aside from some *minor* issues (and the fact that a lot of private trackers still ban it), it seems to be ok - and speeds are good with it, both up & down.

when I force re-check it checks the files but adds them to my download folder even when I have 0% downloaded

Well, I can't say it did that for me - it appeared to check files just fine (I had to re-add a few as the torrents were not in the same place as previously).

Oh! Speaking of that! It would be a NICE feature to be able to SPECIFY the location of a torrent file, when it gives the error that it cannot be found - right now, all you can do is remove it and re-add it. :(

Well this is interesting, after running 3.4 for a few days (since my first post), everything seems to have ground to a halt - even when I have multiple seeders. Additionally, it no longer "gracefully" shuts down".

Rather a PITA. Sad. Looks like it's back to 2.2.1 until this stuff gets fixed. "LOOKS" like you might be on the right track though. <fingers crossed>

=========================

Well, I switch back to 2.2.1 and (after everything finishes re-checking <sigh>), all the connections are fine and I'm getting full speed on everything.

Please fix:

RegKey: Could not delete value 2: uTorrent

That happens when the user unchecks (disables) "Preferences" > "General" > "Windows Integration" > "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts".

It's because you assume the key is there when it's not.

A simple regquery (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742028(v=ws.10).aspx) would tell you it does not exist.

Archived