µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Didn't see anything in any of the release notes, but remote access appears to be broken in build 30226.

It just sits and says "Connecting..." then after a few minutes puts up an error that it is being blocked (worked fine in 3.3.2). Also, some of the error message contains Chinese characters?

I've tried reinstalling from scratch just to verify. No change.

Man you need to take off those blinkers and join the real world of programming where ANYTHING that should not happen IS a case for concern and EVERY symptom can take one nearer to the root cause.

Absolutely agree!!

and in fact one should try and fix the simple (apparent) symptoms/problems first, because you never know how they may be distorting/masking the more complex.

Is this with 3.4 ? Tried with using my below settings? Might be showing both uTorrnet and Windows system caching...

Yes, it is latest alpha. I have utorrent caching disabled completely and only windows caching "enabled".

Actually the more I think of this, I start to see the problem here. How does utorrent "cache" work? Is it accumulating the writes in order to write them all at once, acting as second "coalesce write" setting?

And how you think windows caching works? The problem may be in that when utorrent internal caching is disabled, "coalesce writes" settings kicks in and what you do is explicitly flush to disk every file write of "coalesce buffer" size, bypassing windows cache completely. This would explain the rape that I see utorrent commences upon the disk when high-speed download is started with "enabled" windows cache and small default 4 kb "coalesce write" size.

If I'm correct, then what you need to do is don't flush anything if "windows cache" is enabled and let windows write writes at its own pace, flushing completed files by closing file handle on file. Plus then I am correct in coming up with workaround for rape described above by ballooning "coalesce write" size and introducing the actual utorrent cache as supposed to be.

launched utorrent today, to find a full page ad covering the whole program, and wouldnt let me actually use the program without adding some crap torrent that i dont want. i was fine with the ads at the top, but now you guys have gone WAYYYY too far. uninstalling utorrent and not going back. way to take what was the best torrent client available and completely ruin it

launched utorrent today, to find a full page ad covering the whole program, and wouldnt let me actually use the program without adding some crap torrent that i dont want. i was fine with the ads at the top, but now you guys have gone WAYYYY too far. uninstalling utorrent and not going back. way to take what was the best torrent client available and completely ruin it

Clearly you haven't read my below tips nor used my settings... ;P

I have utorrent caching disabled completely ...Plus then I am correct in coming up with workaround for rape described above by ballooning "coalesce write" size and introducing the actual utorrent cache as supposed to be.

No sense working outside recommended settings, and trying to analyze... Quicker to just take my settings (below) and be done...

launched utorrent today, to find a full page ad covering the whole program, and wouldnt let me actually use the program without adding some crap torrent that i dont want.

You can always create an empty settings.dat in the same directory as utorrent.exe and run the exe from there without the installation notification of the the Buundle crap!

You can always create an empty settings.dat

Why create an empty one if you can use mine?.... ;)

3.4 is never listed in the client column in utorrent. Not once have I seen 3.4 listed..No one seems interested in testing 3.4...I wonder why!

Here you go...

a864ce282371860.jpg

We are not talking about you here...

Oh I see...We is incorrect as you state....Unless you are taking it upon yourself to talk for everyone on here!

Actually "We" IS the correct term to use, because it is refering to all, or most of the other responders to this particular discussion.

Do the Constitutions of both the United States and of India that both start off with "We the people ..."mean everybody in those particular counries? "We" in the context used here is simply a grammatical construct meaning "the community". Of course it does not mean that the one using that construct speaks for every individual, it is simply used as an analogy for "I believe that the general feeling of the collective is, ...".

Archived