µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

30429 was my last test for labels, and as uTorrent 3.4.0 has been removed and 3.3.2 will be following shortly as soon as I transfer over the last remaining job.

Anybody want a uTorrent archive?

From the 1.6 'in-town run-about' with low carbon footprint, through to the latest 3.4 'gas guzzler'

One owner from new

Serviced regularly

Used every day on short runs and long hauls

Very reliable (until recently)

Getting pi$$ed off forces sale.

No reasonable offer refused.

Yep! I've also got bored with letting you chase around the forums trying to find every little bit of bait I leave for you to jump on and think you have the upper hand :)

But it was fun while it lasted, so thanks for the few moments of amusement here and there, and have a stress free 2014 :)

I've also got bored with letting you chase around the forums trying to find every little bit of bait I leave for you to jump on and think you have the upper hand

Not true at all!

You were the one that Had to have the last word while stepping on others while they were in the process of helping others..It was not only the tit for tat with Rafmeister but with everyone. Egotistic, Narcissistic and/or a deep Insecurity (that you have to be right all the time) traits come to mind.

Whether you know it or not the power struggle hurts the integrity of the forums and people look for advise and help elsewhere!

(that you have to be right all the time)

Actually I have said several times that I am quite happy for it to be proved that my statements are incorrect, because it means that I have learned something and/or I have to re-examine what I thought I knew.

"Facts" need to proven, "opinions" are open to debate until they become demonstrable fact or are shown to be erroneus.

Whether you know it or not the power struggle hurts the integrity of the forums and people look for advise and help elsewhere!
There is no "power struggle" as you put it, not from me anyway I have no wish or desire to be "Alpha male". it's simply than many here don't seem to accept discussion as being the norm for a forum.

There is no option to remove the social icons in the status bar? :/

No. Clicking them was also removing them' date=' and this was removed in the latest builds.[/quote']

Hmmm, it's the small things sometimes.. I'm not going to like seeing that there.

Now I couldn't let this slide when it arrived in my mailbox.
I knew you couldn't resist...
Siding with one person or the other is not an option, but thanks for playing....It's mostly about the integrity and quality of the forums.
Sorry...I should have posted the quote in #1086 that I was replying to.

Enough said on my end...Let's get back on this threads topic (µTorrent 3.4 RC), shall we.

My 'still open' issues-list for 3.4.1 ... Test/confirm/dispute if you will. Anything missing?

Green = fixed

Build 30519:

High Priority

1 *"Disk Overload"* issue - just shows *wrong INDICATION*/throttling when there is none (know known as "Disk Cache overload" ... under construction...)

2 *High CPU load* when downloading/seeding with either uTP or high speed (reaches 100%!)

3 Categories #s/counters are not synced (jobs are not all visible). Same goes for labels.

4 Write cache amount is double than expected (see speed->cache-stats->write cache)

4a Users are *loosing all their settings when upgrading*/installing from an older non-%appdata%\utorrent location.

4b Item names in RSS feeds in main view - are not being updated when scanned.

Medium Priority

5 Weird issue with *search filter* and icons: filter "string", then search - "string" leaves the main view - filtered

6 In Label preferences/settings the "-" does not work in "Label->directory mapping".

7 Flushing/"End game" is broken - with weird statuses/states after high speed Downloading

8 *'Move download after completion' is broken*. Sometimes the file "disappears"

9 Tree-view inside the "Add Torrent" dialogue is broken

10 RSS smart-episodes filter fails for episodes > 100

11 Alternate<->upload rate limit cycles when seeding & no DLs

12 Cannot stop a seeding "red" torrent, "connecting", "queued", "checking..." etc...

12a *Setup guide open-port test is broken*

Lower Priority

13 Junk text in "force recheck" status

14 RSS added-on time is not displayed sometimes (GMT/day-stamp)

15 Incorrect RSS feeds name displayed in logger

16 Broken %F parameter for "Run Program when DL complete" in multi-files torrent (non blank)

17 Net Status icon does not show blocked port correctly (when DHT is on)

18 *Making uTP connections with itself*... Also, gibberish client ID being logged.

19 "scanned" column in Files' tab is not persistent

20 Categories' pane issues - Feeds list is not sorted, and no separators

21 In RSS favorite - both feeds and labels drop down lists are not sorted. In "Labels" preference too

22 *Replacing* a primary<->secondary labels does not work

23 Search list separators break the indexing... Not auto-activating the proper search

24 "F6" (show/toggle status bar) does not work

25 Twitter/Facebook icons are not being removed after clicking

26 Second-column sorting is broken

27 Skipped files are not always stored in partfile

28 Mouse hovering display above columns' partial texts is broken

29 Delete-confirm dialog does not always include the comment entry box (mistakenly using the multi-select-delete dialogue)

30 "When adding torrent" - some *UI options are not working* ...

31 missing .torrent file location info

32 Audio format for media files is seldom being displayed (@files tab)

33 Incomplete "Change destination folder" text in dialogue (should include the whole path)

34 *"Add torrent" dialogue* is not enabled as default

35 Partfile is not being delete when "removing" a torrent-job

36 Rating "system" seems not functional ?!

37 Create Torrent->"Other" options->"Start seeding" is not being persistent / saved between sessions

No. Clicking them was also removing them' date=' and this was removed in the latest builds.[/quote']

That's not good. I don't see the point in having them. Add it to the help menu please or add a option in advance options to remove it. I always accidentally click on them when resizing my window. I'm downgrading back to 3.3...

That's not good. I don't see the point in having them. Add it to the help menu please or add a option in advance options to remove it. I always accidentally click on them when resizing my window. I'm downgrading back to 3.3...

They need to be always visible as it's part of their money-making scheme. It's the cost of a "free" client.

They need to be always visible as it's part of their money-making scheme. It's the cost of a "free" client.

Do the developers even care about uTorrent anymore? When right clicking and selecting download for a item in the rss feed, the item shows up twice, if its set to "dont start start downloading automatically". From 3.3 to 3.4 uTorrent has gotten a lot worst.

If you enable "Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data" I see that there are some issues with the folder view

The images below will explain better

j7kc.png

and by clicking the "plus" button

dcdu.png

Can anyone reproduce or is this by design...

If by design, then it's odd!

Archived