µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

There may be Betas' date=' but honestly, it's been quite a while since we saw anything run "professionally" here - it's more like Mom & Pop, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants development & deployment.[/quote']

++1

The sole developer is probably more interested in developing pretty purple swirly graphics for Bittorrent.

I'd really like to see the tracker get it's own column in the WebUI, that would be hellishly useful, but I guess new offers in the installer are easier to implement and then there's all those bugs. Gotta generate more revenue and "keep the lights on" I do feel though the lights went out some time ago, all except the one in the finance room.

Might be an idea to lay this to rest and just move on? It's painfully obvious our expectations aren't being met, unless of course your expectations are more bugs, delays and a lack of development.

http://torrentfreak.com/oops-bittorrent-forgets-to-strip-piracy-terminology-from-utorrent-131116/

Given BitTorrent’s efforts to distance itself from all things piracy, it was quite a surprise for us to see these references in their most popular software. We can’t think of any RSS feeds with legal content where these filters would come in handy.

To find out why these terms were included TorrentFreak asked the company for clarification a couple of weeks ago, but we have yet to receive a response.

Sounds about right, anyone home?

I'm afraid TorrentFreak is a bit late. Those have been in there for almost 8 years.

I guess Bittorrent Inc. doesn't want to open a can of worms with a response to informed users on torrentfreak or maybe they are trying to distance itself.

“We do not endorse piracy. We do not encourage it. We don’t point to piracy sites. We don’t host any infringing content,” BitTorrent’s CEO said previously.

That's just about whats posted on most torrent indexing sites in fineprint and the blocking of these websites continues!

when we can expect new features from uTorrent. After silent auto updates no new feature has been implemented. uTorrent has its own idea bank which seems like useless now a days. lots of idea is posted by people.Some ideas had been posted in 2009 or 2010. Still pending. Now a days uTorrent bugs seems like new feature. Ryrynz was right.dont expect too much from these people. True development has been stopped by uTorrent developers.Now all attention has moved to $$$.

3.4.0 beta build 30334 is now available for download...No changelog available.

I will try to explain this again.

The big button that points to: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/beta serves many builds.

There is one "main" build that is served most often. Currently, that build is 30331.

The other builds can be considered "minor", or "test" builds. These builds are testing one very specific thing, like an obscure bug, or to see that a feature has not introduced instability. Once we are confident in those changes, they are rolled into the "main" build that everyone gets.

I understand that that is different than the way it worked before, and that it is confusing.

The advantages to this system are:

- We can test many fixes / changes at once, independently of each other.

- We can test a change on a small part of the population. This is VERY important if a bad bug appears in a stable build.

We will work on developing a better way to communicate which build is which with our valuable beta testing community.

By the way, you can see the change that 30334 is testing by visiting the "Devices" node in the left hand nav.

Understood...Just waiting for the big fix for not being able to seed (0) to utp connections...As we speak the last known 3.4 build that the utp worked fairly reasonably is Alpha build 29336

Yes, this is actually our top issue at the moment. It will probably take a few more days.

I will try to explain this again.

The big button that points to: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/compl … track/beta serves many builds.

There is one "main" build that is served most often. Currently, that build is 30331.

Sure that is all well and good BUT test builds should NEVER make it to the PUBLIC face of the update delivery network. OR if it does it MUST BE accompanied with a detailed change log and/or the specific change or bug fix that it is aimed at, that we, the users that are dedicated to helping YOU are getting the imformation that is needed to fully test the aspect that needs to tested.

Just delivering random builds WITHOUT the information necessary is akin to taking shooting rats in a pitch dark cellar, you may get the odd rat, but you could also shoot your own foot at the same time. If you want the volunteer Alpha/Beta testers to test properly and not get pissed off with the haphazard, seemingly incompetent and VERY unprofessional way it is currently done, provide the information that we (using we as meaning the users) need to help you.

If you do not want to make information about the source code public, then run a CLOSED Alpha/Beta delivery system with a REAL bug tracking system, a seperate login and use a N.D.A. for the users who want to assist.

I'm glad the number of torrents in the label listing is now corrected. The 3.4 branch has been excellent all the way - not counting some minor GUI glitching, I haven't had issues that didn't get fixed in a two day time at all. Keep up the good work! (This thread is kind of getting really negative, you know.)

-- 2013-11-19: Version 3.4 (build 30338)

- Change: Default Ad offer post download dialog text displays in user's preferred language

- Fix: Delete working copy of .torrent file

- Fix: Detect and change Vista compatibility mode on Win8

- Fix: Remote access feature re-enabled

- Change: Play button graphic changed

Archived