µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Just fired up 30460, at least the categories are working now - and the status icons are back! :)

That's two steps in the right direction. Haven't noticed any significant CPU usage (yet) - Win 7 x64. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. We'll see how it shuts down later, or handles a "crash" with the checking.

As far as the Twit/FB icons go, at least they are small and pretty unobtrusive - I won't fault them for that - it's not like they'll be accidentally clicked on (at least I don't expect).

I also notice that the Search box will now hold on what you have selected (for example, I *only* want the Filter Torrents active there - just to find something in my list, not search for new torrents).

Now if I could just get my colors and Icons packaged right ;) (yeah, that's *my* problem, but it'd also be nice to see that functionality eventually incorporated into the gui itself)

Keeping my fingers crossed that this build continues to run this smooth - it's a VERY nice surprise.

Never said they had gotten "everything" right, rafi ;) There are only a few on your list of 20 that I would have concerns about, the rest are more annoyances.

I notice you have an issue with the cache listed - could you maybe post a couple images of what a "good" cache usage would be vs what you're seeing as "bad"? I must admit, it's not an area that I've paid much attention to.

I notice you have an issue with the cache listed

Sure, simply the speed-graph->cache stats display should show the same numbers for "write to cache" and "write to file " (as was in all pre 3.4 releases till now). You can see there that in 3.4 writes to cache are double then to file.

dcac67301528683.jpg

Very high CPU usage on RC4. Windows 8 64 bit. My processor fan won't shut up.

Yeah' date=' #2 on my "known issues" list too... [url']http://goo.gl/piz0ZY

Can you check if working without TCP resolves this (Pref.Advanced->bt.transp_disposition = 26) ?

I reset it to the default number, which is 31, and it fixed it it seems. No more high CPU usage. I'm not sure what I had it set to now though. I think it might have been in the low 20's. Not even sure what this setting does, or why it wasn't set to the default number.

I reset it to the default number, which is 31

My guess it was your pref.->bittorrent->bandwidth management - disabled (reflected in this advanced settings as 21= use only TCP)

Can you re-try disabling it and see if that causes your CPU load?

>the labels showing the number of torrents is still not functioning 100%.

ok. make sure you use the latest RC 30460. It was supposedly fixed there...

This is for 30460:

I reset it to the default number' date=' which is 31[/quote']

My guess it was your pref.->bittorrent->bandwidth management - disabled (reflected in this advanced settings as 21= use only TCP)

Can you re-try disabling it and see if that causes your CPU load?

I disabled and re-enabled the setting which did what you said and I no longer have the "not responding" issue.

Now going to have a go at the new update (I'll bear this result in mind) :)

Now going to have a go at the new update (I'll bear this result in mind) :)

Re-test and let us know if the CPU load issue is still there and with what setting.

Just downloaded a couple of files with 30495.

The Pref.Advanced->bt.transp_disposition = 31

I didn't need to reset it using the Enable Bandwidth Management Trick - it may be that it carried over from the previous settings.

No more problems. Back to smooth running. :D Thank you.

On another note: I set up some labels in the new label settings. I also set up some Label-directory mapping.

The labels work fine' date=' but directory mapping I am still unable to edit or delete.

If I select a map and the press [-'] nothing happens. Equally if I change the drive and press [+] it doesn't alter the entry.

I do need to delete them because my PC died and I copied over all my settings to my new laptop to keep the RSS Downloader (there are a lot and didn't fancy retyping them all in again - saving them to cloud might be in order?) but of course I no longer have the drives the directory mapping is pointing to.

Consequently I've had to disable the Label feature - torrents fail if the target directory doesn't exist. :/

Archived