µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

• 2 weeks later...
1 month and..

- Change: mutable torrent UI changes

- Fix: hangs on installer

Are you guys actually developing uTorrent at all? Doesn't seem like it.

+1.last build developed on 25 june 2013, no changelog.New build developed on 9 july 2013.after 14 days only two things.

- Change: mutable torrent UI changes

- Fix: hangs on installer

Are they sleeping.

1: Total download in status bar does not coincide with true info tab total.

2: Trouble connecting to UTP especially when seeding.

http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17914/179143898d8eb55e0a610a43bb15d3c4dd13acc7.jpg

Direct link to pic for clarity= http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17914/179143898d8eb55e0a610a43bb15d3c4dd13acc7.jpg

Hey Beasley, I love your color scheme, I wasn't aware that you can change all the colors of uTorrent like that. That must have taken you a while to get it just right. I tried messing with it, but I just got frustrated.

BTW, I also noticed that you're using the Alpha version, has it given you any problems? I know, most of the time, that the Beta version has some bugs in it. I would just assume that the Alpha version has a little more bugs than the Beta. :)

Hey Beasley, I love your color scheme, I wasn't aware that you can change all the colors of uTorrent like that.

It's mostly done using the btskin file and didn't take long to do...

I also noticed that you're using the Alpha version, has it given you any problems?

These days it's hard to tell which is better when it comes to alpha/beta builds.

Users post what they experience with each in the forums but doesn't get properly looked at till many moons down the road.

One major problem that I've been having with 3.4 alpha for the last few builds is the lack of connections via utp and the info tabs not being saved.

What gets me is when experienced users here recommend alpha/beta versions for a specific problem/glitch...It may cure it for that specific problem but the user finds out there are many other problems they may have to contend with using alpha/beta builds which is fine if they're willing to test for devs. Most are not here for testing and troubleshooting!

Hey Beasley, I love your color scheme, I wasn't aware that you can change all the colors of uTorrent like that.

It's mostly done using the btskin file and didn't take long to do...

Yes, I'm aware of that, but you have to figure out the colors in HEX. Unless you have a good color HEX/RGB program, you have to rely on the online programs. Plus, you have to know exactly what the codes (upload_rate_limit:) are applying to, other wise you could end up with some wacky color scheme.

BTW, do you know what uTorrent color range is? What I mean is, in the developer section, it mentions that if the color isn't valid for uTorrent, it will be ignored and the default color will be used instead.

I also noticed that you're using the Alpha version, has it given you any problems?
These days it's hard to tell which is better when it comes to alpha/beta builds.

Users post what they experience with each in the forums but doesn't get properly looked at till many moons down the road.

One major problem that I've been having with 3.4 alpha for the last few builds is the lack of connections via utp and the info tabs not being saved.

What gets me is when experienced users here recommend alpha/beta versions for a specific problem/glitch...It may cure it for that specific problem but the user finds out there are many other problems they may have to contend with using alpha/beta builds which is fine if they're willing to test for devs. Most are not here for testing and troubleshooting!

So, what I'm getting out of this, I should really stick to the Beta versions right now. I don't mind testing for the devs., but I also don't want to have to many problems to deal with. Betas are okay right now, even the Release Candidates still have bugs. :)

1) cannot stop checking data for a torrent unless u pause

very annoying bug that doesnt allow u to manage easy like it was before what torrent to check and what not

2) dump memory info results in message "utorrent crashed"

3)cannot update app with the normal help/update function

stuck at updating for ever

4) cannot limit total bandwith properly

for example set total upload limit to 85k for a 1mbit connection results to reduce up/down speed to 0

u have to individually set each torrent speed depending on how many u got lets say 10 torrents 5k each to keep connection in proper condition

plz fix

Now a days developers have forgotten the coding.they are simply doing bad coding.

In utorrent when torrent is in connecting to peers.If you try to stop torrent in connecting to peer state.torrent would not stop.

autoupdate totally sucks in utorrent 3.4.Even progress bar completes update, it will stuck.utorrent does not restart.

...autoupdate totally sucks in utorrent 3.4.Even progress bar completes update' date=' it will stuck.utorrent does not restart.[/quote']

It's an alpha release though.

Alpha, beta, stable doesn't matter.

It's uTorrent, lower your expectations.. now lower them again, there you go.

BitTorrent clients connect to themselves on a regular basis, you may not need the data retrieved but uTorrent does.

hense why i report it here there is no need and even if it happens there is no need for users to get confused about the health of the torrent

instead of remove pause button.you should remove stop button.when user will click on start button.then start button will change into stop button.again user will click on stop button it will change into start button.

in short term one button should have multiple work.

instead of remove pause button.you should remove stop button.when user will click on start button.then start button will change into stop button.again user will click on stop button it will change into start button.

in short term one button should have multiple work.

Thats a terrible idea

There are millions of times where the programs bug when u make selections

U choose those 3 torrents and u see info about some other 2

There are cases where torrents are paused and program thinking they are stopped

This less functionality for the user will definetaly cauze issues and the last thing i want is to restart client since i need to measure large times of uptime (month+)

now that u mention it a very good idea would be an option to automatically force torrents

its been 7 years that i use this program and everytime i start a torrent i have to force start it

i dont think i ever just started anything cauze i want all of them up at all times no matter what

so its pretty pointless would rather turn double click to force-start

Archived