µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

i have to force start it

i dont think i ever just started anything cauze i want all of them up at all times no matter what

so its pretty pointless would rather turn double click to force-start

Then get your queue setting right instead of force starting the jobs!

i have to force start it

i dont think i ever just started anything cauze i want all of them up at all times no matter what

so its pretty pointless would rather turn double click to force-start

Then get your queue setting right instead of force starting the jobs!

no

there are people that dont want to complicate things by setting up orders or priorities they just want to run torrents and keep them running no matter what. so if u dont want to risk utorrent prioritize/pause ur torrent due to internal priority management force is the way to go

here are people that dont want to complicate things by setting up orders or priorities

Nothing to do with queue order OR priorities, but if you HAVE to force start every jobs you are running more jobs than your settings allow for.

so if u dont want to risk utorrent prioritize/pause ur torrent due to internal priority management force is the way to go
Absolutely and totally WRONG.

By "force starting" every job you are running your client in THE MOST inefficient way you possibly could. You are bypassing ALL the settings that allow the BitTorrent client to serve data to peers efficiently, however; It IS your bandwidth and computer resources that you are wasting.

here are people that dont want to complicate things by setting up orders or priorities

Nothing to do with queue order OR priorities' date=' but if you HAVE to force start every jobs you are running more jobs than your settings allow for.

so if u dont want to risk utorrent prioritize/pause ur torrent due to internal priority management force is the way to go
Absolutely and totally WRONG.

By "force starting" every job you are running your client in THE MOST inefficient way you possibly could. You are bypassing ALL the settings that allow the BitTorrent client to serve data to peers efficiently, however; It IS your bandwidth and computer resources that you are wasting.

it is better to have them running inefficiently by managing them myself than having utorrent stopping them wich is unnaceptable

managing them myself than having utorrent stopping them wich is unnaceptable
uTorrent will ONLY stop them if that is what your settings tell it to do.

yes i understand that is the idea but depending on bandwith and in certain occasion when i have too many of them then i have to raise limit of dloading torrents way too high

as i said force start is a matter of security and has nothing to do with this thread whether its right for some1 to use it instead of managing the normal start

the point of this discussion is that the program gets the option for users that prefer the use force start frequently to get double click to force start instead of start setting not to convince me about my 7 year old settings

So basically you are saying that you want to 'micro-manage' a process that should be left alone to just work.

the exact opposite

i want an option that allows me to set double click to force start

so i dont need to micro manage but set every torrent easy

Why do you think that "force starting" is not already made to be 'easy' to do??

Do you not consider that if force starting jobs was such a 'good' idea it WOULD BE more obvious/accessible already.

will u stop bothering the thread with a useless discussion that nobody cares?

do u honestly think that i am doing this for 7 years and more than 5000 torrents for no reason

First up - all those folks complaining, ask for your money back. Oh... That's right. uTorrent is free. Freely written, distributed and supported. If you don't like it, you are in a tiny minority.

'nuf said on that front.

OK - found what I think is a bug. Dowmload of some files, not all, is showing with good speed, and an appropriate time to complete. However, nothing is happening.

Untitled.jpg

This has had a download speed of over 90kB/s for well over an hour, but the 1.5% completion and ETA haven't budged.

The updating (as reported elsewhere) has issues too, but easily sorted by shutting down uTorrent, checking services and processes have shut down too, install the new version as an update, and restart.

I've seen other issues with earlier Alpha releases, but they've been reported before I got here.

3.4 Alpha build 29956 32-bit, W7 Ultimate.

OK - found what I think is a bug. Dowmload of some files, not all, is showing with good speed, and an appropriate time to complete. However, nothing is happening.

This has had a download speed of over 90kB/s for well over an hour, but the 1.5% completion and ETA haven't budged.

3.4 Alpha build 29956 32-bit, W7 Ultimate.

Is it a problem with that particular torrent?

I'm just downloading a random torrent (132MB).

Download speed of 120~140 kbps (edit - speed has increased more than that).

Completed is increasing, remaining is decreasing. It's already 60% complete and increasing.

(Using 3.4.0.29956 Windows XP SP3).

Edit - image added:

muTorrent34Alphabuild2995632bit_zpsefcf8391.jpg

Is it a problem with that particular torrent?

I'm just downloading a random torrent (132MB).

Download speed of 120~140 kbps (edit - speed has increased more than that).

Completed is increasing, remaining is decreasing. It's already 60% complete and increasing.

It may be just that one torrent. Any idea what might cause an individual torrent to have this issue? It's not something I've seen happen before in any previous version of uTorrent.

It's not the end of the world. :)

If it was a bona-fide 'bug' it would affect all running jobs equally. It is simply that one torrent only has a single peer to download from while the other has many. No mystery, no surprises.

--2013-07-22: Version 3.4 (build 29968)

- Fix: crash when updating GUI

- Fix: crash in elevating a process

- Fix: crash when formatting string

We're going on with the last few builds on 3.4 but how do you expect people to test adequately when there is no utp connections?!?.

cannot change name in torrent list only put a new one when clicking them in list

very annoying bug after crashes when u need to check 500gb of data : cannot stop checking procedure only pause it

therefore u cant change dowload location and restart checking precedure (wich will take 0 secs since there is no data)

Archived