µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

некорректно работает регулировка скорости загрузки в 3.4 alpha, при установке скорости на "неограниченно" она находится в районе 100-150 кб, приходится ставить значение в ручную...

(wich will take 0 secs since there is no data)

Turn off pre-allocate so uTorrent doesn't actually create the files BEFORE they start to download

why should i have pre-allocate files ?

sparce files is the way to go

this has nothing to do with allocation

the issue is that the program locks the torrent until u check the rest of them

stop command is not working only pause

and that brings and other bug when u remove a checking torrent or change location of it the paused torrent resumes automatically without notice slowing the system terribly once again

also an other possible bug

[2013-07-24 00:36:53] IO Error:1168 line:66 align:-99 pos:-99 count:16422764 actual:0

[2013-07-24 00:36:54] IO Error:13 line:203 align:-99 pos:160590446592 count:32768 actual:-99

terribly slows down disc and lags the program for half minute every 10 secs

has to do with big files torrent but i am not sure and as sure as hell dont wanna reproduce it since i lost 3 days of downloading to finally get rid of it

the issue is that the program locks the torrent until u check the rest of them

stop command is not working only pause

That's because hashsum checking is ESSENTIAL to prevent data corruption therefore has THE highest priority.

no

in every other version of utorrent u can stop the process and the program automatically checks the next torrent

and u can easily delete the data or move them or safely dismount it with chkdsk

in this one u cant only pause

pause still has the files locked wich means u have to terminate the process in order to delete them

also when u have them on pause and u delete or change location in something else the program for some reason automatically resumes the paused one and in the next round it will continue the checking wich means disaster especially if its a large one

no

in every other version of utorrent u can stop the process and the program automatically checks the next torrent

Why would you want to stop a process that is checking data integrity?

no

Why would you want to stop a process that is checking data integrity?

becauze the torrent is huge and u want to check an other first so u can start using the connection earlier

becauze u realize u need to change data location first due to disk size

becauze u realize u need to change data location first due to disk integrity bad sector issues

becauze data have been changed in the meantime and u wanna start the procedure again

becauze u can

also why u asking a question that has no relation to the thread or the problem discribed here?

also why u asking a question that has no relation to the thread or the problem discribed here?

Because this is the thread that you are using, and of course you do realise that 3.4 is an alpha build so is going to have many and varied problems!!!!!

Because this is the thread that you are using' date=' and of course you do realise that 3.4 is an [b']alpha build so is going to have many and varied problems!!!!!

The thread that i am using exist to report issues not for u to learn the basics of allocation and how to use utorrent. If u have a question unrelated u can send a private msg instead of creating long discussion that eventually derail the point

Also i dont think there is a reason when u dont know something to answer the obvius about the alpha status wich is something everyone who bothered to look for this thread already knows

The thread that i am using exist to report issues not for u to learn the basics of allocation and how to use utorrent. If u have a question unrelated u can send a private msg instead of creating long discussion that eventually derail the point

I think that after ~ seven years of running uTorrent I am a little way past needing to ask about the basics of pre-allocation.

I think that after ~ seven years of running uTorrent I am a little way past needing to ask about the basics of pre-allocation.

So no reason to keep this going

Last 3.4 build working successfully with utp connections is 2013-03-14: Version 3.4 (build 29336)

Changelog:

--2013-07-22: Version 3.4 (build 29968)

- Fix: crash when updating GUI

- Fix: crash in elevating a process

- Fix: crash when formatting string

--2013-07-16: Version 3.4 (build 29956)

- Fix: crash when interacting with torrents list

- Fix: crash when updating fails

--2013-07-11: Version 3.4 (build 29923)

- Fix: crash while resetting advanced settings

--2013-07-09: Version 3.4 (build 29914)

- Change: mutable torrent UI changes

- Fix: hangs on installer

--2013-06-04: Version 3.4 (build 29780)

- Change: UI layout issues

--2013-05-31: Version 3.4 (build 29765)

- Change: suppress ads by default

- Change: update icons

- Fix: UI layout issues

--2013-05-24: Version 3.4 (build 29741)

- Change: suppress add torrent dialog by default

- Fix: Auto shutdown/restart

- Change: Revert portable mode installation UI

- Fix: duplicate entry in torrent download listview

- Fix: hash failures on slow media writing big files

--2013-04-11: Version 3.4 (build 29535)

- Fix: one more major installer crash

- Fix: sometimes the no-torrents pane would not go away when adding a torrent

--2013-04-11: Version 3.4 (build 29527)

- Fix: crash on auto-update check

- Fix: crash on startup

- Fix: upload rate limiter issue

--2013-04-09: Version 3.4 (build 29513)

- Fix: Issue running previous versions after running 3.4

- Fix: Crash requesting new pieces from HTTP peers

- Fix: Skipped file allocation

- Fix: Failure downloading torrents with directory names ending in "..."

- Fix: Crash enabling and disabling coalesce setting

- Fix: Fixed/improved peer choaking/unchoking.

--2013-03-22: Version 3.4 (build 29382)

- Fix: fix crash when using &ws= fields in magnet links

- Fix: Use unique keyboard accelerator for "Set Destination Name"

- Fix: crash when adjusting uTP send/receive buffer size

- Change: Improve uTP performance on fast connections by increasing its buffer sizes

Archived