µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

No problem, I'm of the same opinion that there appears a problem with the CVS.

New offer at BitTorrent -- Fix one get at least one free

I would suggest that your CVS may need some looking at!

If a 'bug' has been fixed or the GUI altered in any way it should NOT be pulling older and/or unmodified source files into the build that reintroduces the problem code.

Hello)

I use this version for download/upload more than 1000 torrents and have such error in log:

[2013-11-13 21:55:58] Can't bind connecting socket 2096 to IP 192.168.1.2:0 - 9 Bad file descriptor

As I understand this is a problem of bad files that I have downloaded before, but how can I find them??

-- 2013-11-13: Version 3.4 (build 30331)

- Change: Set dpiaware flag false

- Fix: Crash in torrent display code

- Fix: Label counts were incorrect

- Fix: "Uploaded this run" in "Show Statistics" dialog was unnecessarily highlighted

- Change: "Now Playing" node moved to bottom of left-hand navigation

- Change: Language package is downloaded right after the installation

- Fix: Some memory leaks

-- 2013-11-13: Version 3.4 (build 30331)

May I have a direct link please ? With my luck' date=' I can get only 30224, 30317... Or should I try a few more times?... :P[/quote']

We will figure out a better way to do this soon :P

np, I can wait...

Hey, sorry to bother

I just registered, I'm a tech-noob and all (sorry) but I was just looking for some help because I'm having some trouble with hotkeys opening hundreds of windows by accident which I have to manually close, but I can't even figure out how to create a new discussion or post or whatever on this site so someone either tell me how or make it easier and give me a big green button with the word 'create' on it. If this website exists because of the purpose I think it would serve, which is supplying users of uTorrent with support and information, then this shouldn't be so hard.

To make it even easier, just to get to the point, if anyone can just give me a straight answer and tell me how I can disable or change hotkeys, thanks. (Specifically the F1-hotkey which opens a uTorrent Help window)

PS I'm getting this list of hyperlinks at the top of this site with the names "µTorrent, English, 中文(简体)..bla bla (bunch of languages), help" etc.

When I click on these links they just give me a download with the name being the title of the link, they are unknown file types and I won't be opening them as a precaution (just wondering if this is normal? I would guess it's something on my end)

To make it even easier, just to get to the point, if anyone can just give me a straight answer and tell me how I can disable or change hotkeys, thanks. (Specifically the F1-hotkey which opens a uTorrent Help window)

Not a uTorrent problem ... Find a forum for your operating system or your keyboard.

After the latest update, when I start utorrent it says, that a newer version is already installed, do you want to downgrade it....

---------------------------

µTorrent

A newer version of uTorrent, 3.4.0 build 30331 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.4.0 build 30272?

Choose "No" to continue running uTorrent.

Да Нет

I've just installed the latest build to test the new label functionality because in the current stable build the functionality seems to have been removed, and I was hoping to get rid of my current setup which runs different instances of uTorrent. A few things are not entirely clear in the labelling GUI, so here are some notes:

1. If I understand right, the upper part is meant for auto labelling (label) based on the filename to contain a certain string (Definition, contains). Should this be a textual string or a regexp or any other parameterized text? What are the default rules (audio, document, video)?

2. When I add a rule to the upper part I can select it in the pulldown for the lower part (label-directory mapping). I can not select the persistent labels which are in set in the advanced settings/Extra U when I have JUST added them, only when closing settings they're shown in the lower pulldown. Applying settings on the persistent labels does not seem to update the pulldown. When I add a label to the upper part and remove it I can still select it in the lower part, even when I press apply. Only after closing down the setting completely the label disappears from the lower box entry field.

3. There is only one checkmark for both autolabelling and label mapping, which seems to mean that you either activate both or not. The top one is for matching the content and set the label, the lower one is for specifying the download(?) folder.I believe it shouldn't be mandatory to use both auto labelling as mapping to download folder. Maybe you don't want to automatically set the label, but you want to put torrent (which you have manually / API labelled) in the right folder!

4. It seems that when you add a label to the top box (auto labelling) and close down the settings / reopen it, the label is automatically added to the "persistent labels" in advanced/Extra UI. This does not always work correctly. The first character of the first label often gets corrupted and then you get some random strange character. Also when it adds a label to the end of the persistant labels, it sometimes doesn't set the pipe character and things get messed up, esspecially when you have existing persistent labels. Now it's possible to edit both persistent labels and auto labels and they influence one another. Why not create a Label box where you can add labels (like persistent labels , but then less text-based) above the existing two boxes (auto label and label mapping), and make sure that in both existing boxes you can ONLY select from that list, and NOT add a custom label there, that should be done in the label box.

4. It is not entirely clear what the mapping directories in the lower box mean, are these download folders (I suppose they are)? Of course it's nice to be able to set the download directory for the labels, but (in my case) this is only useful when you can also set a specific watchfolder for the labels. I was expecting to see to columns: "download folder" and "watch folder" so I can automatically set the label if the torrent has been "imported" from a specific folder. It seams now we can only set one watch folder in the general folder options which does not set the label. To explain the situation: I have multiple applications which generate/download torrent files which should automatically appear in uTorrent. The resulting download should be handled by the application which provided the torrent. To keep them separated they should be downloaded in the corresponding folder, so every application should have a watchfolder and a download folder.

Archived