µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

work on uTorrent never ends through billion of bugfixes. why's that?

Because the pace of "development" is so frenetic, no client has the opportunity to get truly stable before the next build is forked off source code that still has 'issues' that then spawn completely new symptoms.

V3.4 reaching RC stage before the added feature of "Labels" is even working never mind debugged is an example of the "more haste, less speed" syndrome that afflicts uTorrent currently.

work on uTorrent never ends through billion of bugfixes. why's that?

Because the pace of "development" is so frenetic' date=' no client has the opportunity to get truly stable before the next build is forked off source code that still has 'issues' that then spawn completely new symptoms.

[/quote']

My uT-bugs-evolution interpretation:

They try to fix regressions first, which are broken things from the previous stable.

1.. They do so for ~80% of the known regressions from A , and release version B

2. Now they do so for ~80% of the regressions (from B only!), and release version C

3. ...and so on...

As we progress in time, the 20%-s are being added up and effect the quality... :(

@Deathstalker...It looks like you have one foot out of the door anyway...

Deathstalker wrote:

Well I'm happy to see that work is still progressing on this issue - it is about the ONLY thing preventing me from switching from uT. The v3.4x uT builds have been SOOOO consistently screwed up lately it's not even funny. It's like they have the 3 Stooges as developers. Not to mention the ever-increasing bloat of ad-related cr@p!

According to this link: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,2189.30.html

BUG REPORT - SEARCH ENGINES

1) Search form incorrectly displays transparent color of icon. Instead of transparent it is solid. In rolldown list icons are displayed correctly.

2) Wrong engine is selected when separate line is used. If separate lin is between engines 3 and 4, when you click to engine 4, it is selected engine 5.

2) Wrong engine is selected when separate line is used. If separate lin is between engines 3 and 4, when you click to engine 4, it is selected engine 5.

:)

Nice catch!

I think they also forget to activate the search when you select a new engine, like it is in 3.3.2 ...

ANOTHER SIGH

1) Tollbar , Add torrent is equivalent to CTRL+O, I think it is better CTRL+D as it was in older versions

2) Port test still not working for me , http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=139658

3) GUI improvement for translation , http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=703944#p703944

4) Primary Label bug is not still fixed , http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=712098#p712098

Only the "auto created" rules sort of work, and they cannot be edited to make them actually useful.

Are you testing with the latest build? I've just tried with 30444, and it sort-of-works for non-default too :cool:

4e72b7297953835.jpg 0f1877297953838.jpg

There are some "known" issues tho... like:

- not able to delete "mapping" lines

- not working unless you use the "Add Torrent" dialogue

- not able to use wild cards/|/not in "contains" expressions (like in RSS filters), making it with very limited functionality..

Or at least - be able to enter the same label multiple times in auto-label - like an OR function...

- non alphabetical order in the labels' drop-down list

Maybe - add an option to enable just using the RSS filters with the regular "add torrent" as well ?

Anything else?

But, "That’s one small step for a man"... So, one step at a time, I guess...

'Fix' implies that it was working at one point. That's never been the case with 3.4

they were working in 3.4 b30345

though i can't say whether or not if this was the last time they worked properly or if the regression occurred on a later build.

Install 30345 - not working! :(

How many torrents do you have, I have around 150 and labels are definitely working.

they also work in 30409, but that version has a slow memory leak......

Archived