µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Developers fails to make silent auto update feature in utorrent 3.4.Now same old dialog box appear like in utorrent 3.3.

One bad thing in utorrent 3.4 while update

inside updates folder having like file.this is a file of utorrent 3.4 build 28891

GxfwLAiW8H.png

after update new file created, but previous file still there.But why its still there.if you delete old file in updates folder it does not effect on utorrent.it occupy space 1MB without reason.old file should be replace by new one in updates folder.

MIJyVicaP2.png

after update utorrent 3.4 does not shut down automatically.because it keep accessing old file in updates folder.after close the utorrent by user manually and restart manually then it shows the new version. Autoupdate feature in utorrent 3.4 still fail.

this is a old version of utorrent 3.4 build 28891 download it http://bayfiles.com/file/AdTj/Dj1igd/uTorrent-3.4.exe and update to build 28904.you will see the problem that i am showing here.

Please fix:
RegKey: Could not delete value 2: uTorrent

That happens when the user unchecks (disables) "Preferences" > "General" > "Windows Integration" > "Start uTorrent when Windows Starts".

It's because you assume the key is there when it's not.

A simple regquery (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742028(v=ws.10).aspx) would tell you it does not exist.

Whooo! :D

Thanks for fixing this. :)

i see the label tab in preferences is in this version. it got kicked out of 3.3 beta for just not working and i don't have to add torrents to see it isn't working here either for me (not being able to add/change rules, not possible to remove label-directory mapping etc). since i would love this feature, what's the status/priority on it?

Torrents that get automatically added by RSS Downloader are stuck in perpetual "downloading metadata" or "connecting to peers"

At least last two builds:

--2013-01-18: Version 3.4 (build 28937)

--2013-01-07: Version 3.4 (build 28869)

So I had to roll back to 3.3 for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Torrents that get automatically added by RSS Downloader are stuck in perpetual "downloading metadata" or "connecting to peers"

At least last two builds:

--2013-01-18: Version 3.4 (build 28937)

--2013-01-07: Version 3.4 (build 28869)

So I had to roll back to 3.3 for now.

As far as I understand - this is a bug, since unlike non RSS download, in this case even if you have DHT set to off, uTorrent does not turn if automatically on for those torrents. When the torrents do not have trackers - they will never get any metadata, since there is nowhere to get it from... :P You solution is to enable DHT globally for all new torrents, and hope for the best...

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.4a (28937)

Last torrent is never completed. When downloading reaches 100% it replaces status to "Flushing (some number)" and it remains such forever. If you stop torrent and Force Recheck, then it finds few block incomplete. Tried to change write caching, but it didn't really help. However if new torrent is added and starts to download, then somehow previously unfinished torrent quickly finishes.

Version 3.4a (28937)

Last torrent is never completed. When downloading reaches 100% it replaces status to "Flushing (some number)" and it remains such forever. If you stop torrent and Force Recheck, then it finds few block incomplete. Tried to change write caching, but it didn't really help. However if new torrent is added and starts to download, then somehow previously unfinished torrent quickly finishes.

Fixed in 3.3.1. Upgrade...

Archived