µTorrent 3.2.2 / 3.2.3 Stable

bigfalls

Just test this out:

Get utorrent 3.2 and 3.2.2

1. install 3.2

2. set allow same ip TRUE

3. start downloading any torrent

4. keep watch over the Peers tab

after 5 minutes do the same as above but with 3.2.2 and the same torrent.

you will see my point and the reason I call it a bug.

PS: The reason I (or anybody) uses the allow same ip is simple: MORE SEEDS. utorrent resolves the ip's by default.

In short, I was right, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to with the setting set to true, and doing exactly what you're telling it to do.

Therefore, behaving as designed, non-bug.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just test this out:

Get utorrent 3.2 and 3.2.2

1. install 3.2

2. set allow same ip TRUE

3. start downloading any torrent

4. keep watch over the Peers tab

after 5 minutes do the same as above but with 3.2.2 and the same torrent.

you will see my point and the reason I call it a bug.

PS: The reason I (or anybody) uses the allow same ip is simple: MORE SEEDS. utorrent resolves the ip's by default.

In short' date=' I was right, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to with the setting set to true, and doing exactly what you're telling it to do.

Therefore, behaving as designed, non-bug.[/quote']

Did you even test it like I explained to reproduces the BUG.

utorrent 3.2.2 is THE VERY FIRST utorrent that has this BUG.

I have been using utorrent since somewhere in version 2 and I have had the allow same ip option set to true on every single version and non of them had this BUG until 3.2.2.

Next time follow the steps above to reproduce the BUG.

-- 2012-12-07: Version 3.2.3 Stable (build 28705)

- Fix: Maintain upload rate limit when switching off download limit

Does this seem to you 'as expected'? ... :P Oh, and the sub-folder control @ the "Add Torrent" dialogue is still missing ...

8847d1224637360.jpg

Yeah, "Create Subfolder" checkbox is still missing... stucked at 3.2.2b28500. :(

I guess 3.2.x series won't ever contain it again, though it's working perfectly in 28500 - so i'm pretty unsure why Firon told it "wasn't ready to be published"... uTorrent - for me - is kinda useless without it, i won't fck up my PC with thousands of unnecessary subfolders, then always move my files to the correct dir, remove the subfolders, then right click on the files in the torrent, to set the new path one-by-one... seriously, it shouldn't be that way... :/

They difference between us and you, baby, is that we've tested it, and it works fine. You can keep on your reading...

As for Firon's comment, I'm still looking for it in the latest 3.3 ... I guess you were also just reading about that and spreading the word ... :P

osmosis wrote:

It's also still in 3.3. Works fine.

Where exactly??? sad

http://www.imagebam.com/image/237b7e224813906

Still there on mine... ?

http://i.imgur.com/9D1ff.jpg

:rolleyes: what can I say... I guess they like you more ... Can you upload your build to somewhere?

rafi did you try µTorrent Beta (3.3 build 28583).Create subfolder exists :D.Here is below Screenshot

zN3IlrQeG6.png

Link for µTorrent Beta (3.3 build 28583) http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

Yeah, "Create Subfolder" checkbox is still missing... stucked at 3.2.2b28500. :(

I guess 3.2.x series won't ever contain it again, though it's working perfectly in 28500 - so i'm pretty unsure why Firon told it "wasn't ready to be published"... uTorrent - for me - is kinda useless without it, i won't fck up my PC with thousands of unnecessary subfolders, then always move my files to the correct dir, remove the subfolders, then right click on the files in the torrent, to set the new path one-by-one... seriously, it shouldn't be that way... :/

+1

Bring back the subfolder............

I'm more intrigued by AUDI-A4's not having the truncated string where mine shows as "Create subfo".

Anyway perhaps it's some weird fluke of the settings where I used it frequently so somehow the option still shows. If we have the same build number we have the same executable.

If we have the same build number we have the same executable.

Not necessarily...It sometimes depends on where you downloaded it!

Just because you download (ex: 3.3 build 28679) from some other site doesn't mean it's always going to be the same exact version (code) downloaded from here.

Archived