µTorrent 3.2.2 / 3.2.3 Stable

bigfalls

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After moving the file I give the new path in Advanced / Set download location and utorrent always gives me the following error:

You have to set the new path with Advanced/Set DL Location without move the files manually (uT will move the files for you).

bye

Just try it' date=' move one file you are seeding to another location and then give the new path to the torrent [/quote']

I did (v3.2.3) , and it works just fine (both file->relocate & advanced->set DL location). Plus you shouldn't give any new path to any moved file/torrent. It automatically assigns it the new path, which you can see either in the files tab or the info tab.

where I can find this settings........are this fixing the subfolder problem ???

This may have been explained before but I don't remember what the answer was if any and I can't seem to find it. I upgraded to 3.2.3 from 2.0.4 and I have several torrents that had previously been moved to a new location and I now want to point the .torrent to the data. How does this work with 3.2.3? It seems that you can't change the folder name anymore. ie d:\downloads\somefolder was moved to e:\raid\tv\somefolder720p and I can't seem to use the "set download location" to re-associate the files. If the folder name was not changed I can re-associate by pointing to the parent folder (which I find counter intuitive). I've also found I can't change the folder name even using the "set download location". Is there some guidance on how this works now as compared to 2.0.4. It's almost enough by itself to make me decide to switch back to the previous version.

I can't seem to use the "set download location" to re-associate the files.
Easiest way is to edit the .torrent file

No it's not, at least not for 10+ torrents.... The easiest way is to fix the bug (if there is one). If one wish to change the torrent "sub-folder" there should be an option for that in the move (relocate) function, just for use-cases of people trying to migrate files...

I've also found I can't change the folder name even using the "set download location".

The thing is that now uTorrent also *moves* the files with those functions. In your case there is nothing to move, so it tries to find a match between the destination sub-folder and the torrent main subfolder-name. If there isn't one, it will not find the files...

I guess there should be some option to tell it to ignore the first level subfolder (which is usually also the torrent name) .

Eventually, I can see it useful mostly for people who like to get rid of the subfolders, since now, many of what used to be singe file torrents, now have a "subfolder" being created only because of some irrelevant release-title/text added file(s).

If one wish to change the torrent "sub-folder" there should be an option for that in the move (relocate) function,
It would be a "nice to have" feature for the relatively few that needed it.
Eventually, I can see it useful mostly for people who like to get rid of the subfolders, since now, many of what used to be singe file torrents, now have a "subfolder" being created only because of some irrelevant release-title/text added file(s).

Which will be solved with the "Create Subfolder" option in 3.3/3.4 releases.

But when all is said and done uTorrent really isn't the workhorse that many people try and use it as, if you really want a BitTorrent system that can handle hundreds or thousands of running jobs, go for MLDonkey on a Linux box.

Based on responses I would say the functionality of the "set download location" is broken. In v2 you could move files and then re-associate them with the 'set download location' with 3.x uTorrent will move the files for you, but you can't change the folder name if desired. You also can't "reassociate" a torrent and a folder if the folder name was changed. The "set download folder" in 3.x should actually be called "set parent download folder" since what you are changing is the parent folder and not the actual folder where the data lives. This is (in my opinion) an undesirable behavior change in behavior between 2.x and 3.x.

Could we have "set download folder" be renamed/spit into "Move torrent folder" to move the folder ala 3.x, add "rename torrent folder" and "re-associate torrent folder" as separate functions to handle the rest? This might make it easier to manage both from a user perspective as well as coding.

I upgraded to 3.2.3 from 2.0.4 and I have several torrents that had previously been moved to a new location and I now want to point the .torrent to the data. How does this work with 3.2.3?

You can still change the folder name, but only from the Add New Torrent screen -- so you'll need to remove the torrent and re-add it.

Let's say the default location is "c:\torrents\original_torrent_name\" but in 2.04 you changed it to "c:\torrents\custom_folder_name\". When you add the torrent in version 3.2.X, set the Save In location to "c:\torrents", but change the Name to "custom_folder_name".

I upgraded to 3.2.3 from 2.0.4 and I have several torrents that had previously been moved to a new location and I now want to point the .torrent to the data. How does this work with 3.2.3?

You can still change the folder name' date=' but only from the Add New Torrent screen -- so you'll need to remove the torrent and re-add it.

Let's say the default location is "c:\torrents\original_torrent_name\" but in 2.04 you changed it to "c:\torrents\custom_folder_name\". When you add the torrent in version 3.2.X, set the [u']Save In location to "c:\torrents", but change the Name to "custom_folder_name".

That doesn't work for something that I've downloaded and want to continue to seed back. I want to move/rename the folder so I can find it again later, not everyone does a good job of naming the folder prior to uploading. I can't count the number of video_ts folders I've seen.

I can't count the number of video_ts folders I've seen.
That's due to them being from a DVD, and nothing to do with "bad naming", because if you DO rename those, the DVD file structure will be "broken".

Sorry, bad example of the problem..... My point is that I can no longer rename the folder containing the downloaded files to match the way I've organized my folders. With 2.0.4 it was (fairly) quick and (fairly) easy to do this. With 3.x it's no longer possible and that simple lack of ability to manage the data is enough for me to drop the 3.x line. Other people have commented on this too, so I'm not alone. Editing the torrent, settings.dat or resume.dat is a crap solution, the program handled this fine in the previous versions, just not now.

Hi

please help me

So, I had v3.2.2 stable right, and it was normal until one day it stopped downloading. Usually when I click on the magnet link, uTorrent opens, it "checks" the file then it downloads. But now it just says downloading - no check, no health, no file size and no ETA is displayed then I just end up removing it. Then I got an alpha version but the same thing happened. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

You need patience, magnet links have to load the metadata for the job from other peers, some may load in a few seconds, some may take an hour or more, just leave them alone and let it get on with it.

If connectable peers haven't been found inside twelve hours that job is dead and probably wouldn't downloaded anyway.

Yes Virginia there is a bug (actually 2).

I finally figured out what is happening when trying to reassociate a torrent with the data.

The Stage:

Name in uTorrent : Fred and Barney

Folder on system :\someplace\somefolder\The Flinstones

Folder in .torrent file: \downloadfolder\The Flintstones

When I try to use Set Download Location uTorrent is using the name in the list as the folder name instead of reading from the .torrent file. When I try to reassociate the torrent in uTorrent it keeps looking for a folder named "Fred and Barney" instead of "The Flintstones". If I rename the entry in uTorrent to "The Flintstones" then Set Download Location will correctly reassociate the information if I point to \someplace\somefolder I can then Force Recheck and the torrent is good to go. At that point I can rename entry in uTorrent back to "fred and barney" and it will still seed prefectly.....

The second bug: If I accidentally run Force Recheck on a torrent that is pointing to the wrong location the file list in the .torrent file gets erased and the only solution is to re-download the .torrent file.

to ciaobaby

Hey I just downloaded the 3.2.3 32 bit version of Utorrent for Windows 7. Is this the newest and updated version or is there another one out there? I was just wondering if I should keep this version or look for another one and wanted to just say hello. I successfully downloaded marvel comics g.i. joe a real american hero all the issues of this comic and was very impressed I am a huge marvel comics fan and hope to be able to download some more marvel titles if you can give me some helpful info on anything about Utorrent would be glad to hear it have a great day

It appears that peer banning isn't working in this version. I just noticed a torrent that had downloaded 25% more data than the size, checked the info tab and found 160+ hash fails. Looked at the log and they were all the one (only) peer and all for the same piece. I checked the advanced properties and the ban_ratio, ban_threshold and user_ban_ratio all are at the default values. The peer hasn't been banned at all. I also could no longer find the menu option to manually ban the peer, was that deprecated?

Archived