µTorrent 3.2.2 / 3.2.3 Stable

bigfalls

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you try too hard to make that design of "add new torrent" window? I expected some improvements when saw the changelog but instead I got this. Why waste so much space? Two column type of design is extremely unneccesary. If there was something useful to be put there I'd understand but now if you look at it on a large TV from some distance with magnifier, it's excruciating! PLEASE fix this. :(

What is it....?) http://postimage.org/image/gmvkuepjt/full/

Windows 7 x64 Professional' date=' uTorrent 3.2.2 (28595)[/quote']

because you set true bt allow same ip in advanced option

I have the same problem, but this only happens with 3.2.2 and not with 3.2.

In both versions I have bt allow same ip set to true.

The ip that appears multiple times is the users own ip.

This might have something to do with the fact that 3.2.2 does not ban the users ip automatically like version 3.2 and down

PS: please shoot the gui designer who change the add torrent dialog. I hate starring at a massive empty gray square.

tip: make it so that the add torrent dialog can be re-sized to look like 3.2 or 3.2.2

In both versions I have bt allow same ip set to true
It should be FALSE to stop it happening.

Read the line above. This problem only occurs in 3.2.2 and not in 3.2. Its a bug that needs fixing.

When is the urorrent team getting some proper programmers. Programs 50 times the size of utorrent has less bugs than utorrent.

EDIT: I'll stick to 3.2 until this bug is fixed and the add torrent dialog gets sorted out (see my previous post).

OK, that annoying issue from the last version, when you delete everything from the Name section, so that it would not create a subfolder but not show any name of the torrent while downloading was resolved by making it unable to have nothing in it? Thus making it necessary to either:

1. create a subfolder

2. in Save In enter the higher folder and in Name put the actual download folder

Why complicate things like this? It's insane, who came up with this? You either have to make a subfolder for every torrent or manually edit the path and the designated download folder with each torrent.There was nothing wrong with the old Add New Torrent window, why muck about with it?

And to completely ruin it, it now has two columns, and you cannot scale it to less then 900 pixels wide. Waste of space.

Also, can someone tell me what is up with the Get utorrent Plus in the Options menu, where preferences used to be? Clicked on it by accident, could not get back to torrents without shutting down the program entirely.

Woo more feature offers, looks like I'm staying with 3.2.1 until I switch to a non-adware client. Also these bug reports are scaring me.

By the way, does anyone know how to get rid of the right side of the toolbar (torrent search, remote thingy, toggle view and preferences?). Not really a big deal, but I find those 100% useless

In both versions I have bt allow same ip set to true

Read the line above. This problem only occurs in 3.2.2 and not in 3.2. Its a bug that needs fixing.

When is the urorrent team getting some proper programmers. Programs 50 times the size of utorrent has less bugs than utorrent.

EDIT: I'll stick to 3.2 until this bug is fixed and the add torrent dialog gets sorted out (see my previous post).

So you're sticking to 3.2 because 3.2.2 is doing what you're telling it to and 3.2 isn't?

Seriously. You're calling 3.2.2's behavior in allowing multiple connections from the same IP WHEN EXPLICITLY TOLD TO a bug.

So you're sticking to 3.2 because 3.2.2 is doing what you're telling it to and 3.2 isn't?

Seriously. You're calling 3.2.2's behavior in allowing multiple connections from the same IP WHEN EXPLICITLY TOLD TO a bug.

sigh....

let me try to explain this bug more clearly.

Look at the image in this persons post.

You see the ip that appears over 50 times in the image, that is client user's own ip.

This only happens with the client user's own ip.

Every version of utorrent before 3.2.2 did not do this with the allow same ip option set to true, because usually utorrent bans the users own ip before this happens but 3.2.2 does not do this.

Test this for your self if you don't believe me.

And if you think that this is not a bug then clearly every version of utorrent since it started was incorrect.

Did you try too hard to make that design of "add new torrent" window? I expected some improvements when saw the changelog but instead I got this. Why waste so much space? Two column type of design is extremely unneccesary. If there was something useful to be put there I'd understand but now if you look at it on a large TV from some distance with magnifier, it's excruciating! PLEASE fix this. :(

^^^^^This...

I just finished making tweaking the layout of the new release to make it look good again, and then I go and add a torrent... and what the hell? Why is the add torrent dialogue box gigantic now, even though there is no new content in it? It looks ridiculous and is a huge waste of space.

sigh....

You see the ip that appears over 50 times in the image, that is client user's own ip.

Every version of utorrent before 3.2.2 did not do this with the allow same ip option set to true, because usually utorrent bans the users own ip before this happens but 3.2.2 does not do this.

And if you think that this is not a bug then clearly every version of utorrent since it started was incorrect.

And why are you (or the other user) using with allow same ip on?

Also, the screenshot you reference isn't the client's own IP, simply because the connected peer has 16.7% on a SEEDING TORRENT.

sigh....

And why are you (or the other user) using with allow same ip on?

Also, the screenshot you reference isn't the client's own IP, simply because the connected peer has 16.7% on a SEEDING TORRENT.

Just test this out:

Get utorrent 3.2 and 3.2.2

1. install 3.2

2. set allow same ip TRUE

3. start downloading any torrent

4. keep watch over the Peers tab

after 5 minutes do the same as above but with 3.2.2 and the same torrent.

you will see my point and the reason I call it a bug.

PS: The reason I (or anybody) uses the allow same ip is simple: MORE SEEDS. utorrent resolves the ip's by default.

PS: The reason I (or anybody) uses the allow same ip is simple: MORE SEEDS. utorrent resolves the ip's by default.

I sometimes enable this if I want to transfer a large torrent file containing an artists discography from one pc to another on my network.

But it doesn't allow "more seeds" it simply allows for "greedy peers". eg: ONE peer could potentially use all of your upload slots on the job to the detriment of other peers trying to download from your client. If you are concerned about seeding "fairly", allow same ip should be disabled.

Archived