Tracker Status with UTServer?

Thailandian

Just wondering if it's possible to check Tracker Status with UTServer.

For example, with the stand-alone gui, if a private tracker deregisters a torrent that you are seeding, the up arrow turns red, and you can find the problem easily enough by checking the tracker status of that torrent. As far as I can see, the web-ui only gives a list of trackers.

I realise that the web-ui does not have all the functionality of the stand-alone gui, but it would be good if there is another way to do this, even if it's not so user-friendly.

I thought it might be possible with the "state_cmd". The documentation states:

state_cmd is a command that will be executed when a torrent changes state

but I'm not sure if a change in the tracker status necessarily means that the whole torrent changes state.

Any advice much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

We would all love to have something to tell us the tracker status

I believe it's been asked countless times both here in the linux forum and in the webui forum

I also created a thread in the idea bank decades ago, it doesn't seem to get much attention

https://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/74853-%C2%B5torrent-server-for-linux-/suggestions/2378950-add-tracker-status-to-the-webui

Thanks for the reply psikobare. I've just added my 3 votes to your wish.

I have to say, UTServer has ironically ended up making utorrent much less viable for linux. At least with the 2.x series, there was strong support to make sure utorrent worked well under wine. Since UTServer and the 3.x series appeared, I haven't been able to get any release working under wine, even after replacing dlls and trying sundry other "fixes".

Unfortunately, to give credit where it's due, nothing else I've tried compares to utorrent for QoS. Every other client, I end up having to disable whenever I want to browse the web.

So it's back to 2.0.1 and VNC for me for now. It's a bit unwieldy but at least it works.

• 3 weeks later...
qBittorrent works fine for me with my upload speed set to 50% of max when downloading, and 80% max when seeding.

No problems browsing, using usenet, or email.

Belated thanks for this. I tried qBittorrent, and you're right, it works well.

Unfortunately, it is banned by a couple of private trackers I belong to - they say it incorrectly identifies it's version. (They are VERY fussy trackers - they recommend utorrent 1.8, and the latest version is also banned!)

Once again thanks for the suggestion.

• 1 year later...

This "tracker status" is really vital for many. It is actually the only thing that prevents me from using utserver as the preferred platform.

Is it really impossible to achieve? Perhaps soemthing to change in the webui?

Archived