Disable audible notifications (like for download complete)

Banndit

I'm new, so maybe I missed it, but I thought I did look thoroughly, so if I missed it, please let me know how to do it, but I didn't see it anywhere in the prefs.

I would like the ability to turn off all audible/audio notifications from µTorrrent.

Currently when a torrent completes downloading, µTorrent pops up a little notification on the bottom right of the screen, which is nice, but it also activates a audible 'ping' sound. I would like the ability to turn off all sounds.

Yes, of course I could mute windoze all together and/or turn off the speakers, but there are some things I do need them for, like our blind daughter. She doesn't use µTorrent at all, so we'd like to eliminate audio from any software she does not use since otherwise she thinks the 'ping' is from the program she is using and doesn't know what's happening.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your day.

Hi. Thank you for your reply and helpful information.

So then, if µTorrent had a way to turn off the visible notifications, then windows wouldn't add the audible notification?

Or are you saying that windows itself 'watches' µTorrent for completed downloads?

I run other programs that pop up tray notifications for things that don't also give audible 'pings'.

Archived