ReadFromDisk: The specified network name is no longer available.

eCo

I've started getting the read error in the subject frequently in the past few weeks. I now see it 3 or 4 times daily. The error appears like this in the log:

[date/time stamp] IO Error:64 line:1546 align:512 pos:xxxxxxxxx count:xxxxx actual:0
[date/time stamp] Error: [torrent name] - ReadFromDisk: The specified network name is no longer available.

The 'pos' and 'count' parameters are always unique. This only occurs on a few queued 100% seeds. Downloads are never a problem. It seems some torrents are more prone to this error than others, but it could be whichever is more active - typically 3 or 4 out of 10 or so seeding torrents. Clicking the "Start Torrent" toolbar button resumes the affected seed promptly.

I'm running Win7 x64 Ultimate and almost all of my torrents are saved directly to a NAS (ReadyNAS NV+) which is a Linux box interfacing via the CIFS protocol over a wired, gigabit LAN (Asus RT-N56u). The save directory is mapped to a drive on the Win7 machine. The mapped drive doesn't ever create issues for other apps, AFAIK. Neither box sleeps. uTorrent version is 3.2, build 27886, 32-bit.

Is this a bug? This may be a stretch, but is there a parameter I can adjust within uTorrent to cause it to wait longer before timing out with this error?

EDIT: FWIW, the count parameter above is not always unique. I see now it's either '16384' or '131072'.

Archived