Will not download new torrents with windows 8

degs62

I have just upgraded to windows 8, i was using 7 before with no problem, I have updated utorrent to the latest version and I can't get it to start any new torrents, if I install a much older vesion of utorrent it works, but not as good as it was with windows 7. Any idea why the new version won't work with windows 8?:(

I have tried clicking on the link to download the torrent, it downloads but wont open in utorrent i have tried adding the torrent after i have downloaded it to my PC and I have tried adding it from a URL, it still will not show up in utorrent, all that shows as downloading are the torrents that i had before I upgraded to windows 8.

I have never in all the years I have been using torrents had to wait for a torrent to appear on utorrent after i added it it has always showed on utorrent straight away, now when I try to add a torrent it does not even show up on utorrent. As much as I dont want to I think I will have to find another client until utprrent can get something that works ok with windows 8.

Archived