Downloads OK But Uploads 0

generalgeorge123

Hello. I'm running UTorrent 1.8.2 on a Win 7 pc. Also have a VPN. using a wireless home network. Been running for a long time with no problems. A few days ago it seemed to not be downloading much and had no uploads. I have about 800 active torrents listed. On the bottom of the screen where it shows the download and upload rates there is a orange circle with a exclamation mark in it . If i hover over it it says " Not Connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you". AS far as I know the ports for UTorrent are open. UTorrent is listed and checked in the firewall list as being allowed and in the torrent preferences Random Port has a port number in it and Add Windows Firewall exception is checked. I selected a free torrent from TheBox ( Coronation Street) as a test and it downloaded really fast but there are still no uploads. What else can I check to prove one way or the other whether its broke or not and why am I getting the error message. Thanks for the help.

I tried another test download from TheBox. The download speed is fine at 250 kb/s. Still no uploads. Can the uploads be separate problem? Are there any test to check that. I did the Win 7 Incoming Connection Troubleshooter program and it indicated there may be a problem but could not determine what it was. Never have had much luck with Microsoft troubleshooting programs.

OK, I know 1.8.2 is old but TheBox won't allow anything newer than that. Anyway I am probably ok The downloads are ok and the uploads are improving. Don't know why they were so bad. I did do the setup guide. The only thing that I could not do was to was test if the port was forwarded correctly. Don't guess this old version will do that. Thanks for your help I do like UTorrent very much.

Archived