Things i want removed or an option to hide

iru

Things i want removed or an option to hide:

"Get utorrent Plus" in Options menu.

Even though i have set 'gui.show_plus_upsell' to false it is still shown ! :mad:

The social whoring icons at the bottom right next to the network status icon.

Trolls: I have already searched even though i know the search function on this site is unreliable, things that should show in search do not.

For those that can't read here's a picture of the offending areas:

33ma3p4.png

Click through once --- They go away.

It puzzles me as to why these minor things are such an annoyance, do you watch the GUI all day or what?

"Get utorrent Plus" in Options menu.
Not there in 3.4.
Even though i have set 'gui.show_plus_upsell' to false it is still shown
GUI (Graphical User Interface) refers to the main window not the menu entries.

And yes, you probably know what GUI means, but others may not!

Click through once --- They go away.

It puzzles me as to why these minor things are such an annoyance, do you watch the GUI all day or what?

I have seen in the past quite a few times how very useful programs have gotten useless because of all the bloat.

For example: A file downloader should download files and be really good at it. Not also act as twitter client, chat program or do your taxes. Remember ICQ anyone ? :rolleyes: That's the only one i remember the name of.

I've been considering for a while now if i should write a patcher that removes all these annoyances from utorrent.

Why not just switch client ? Because i'm afraid of new and mysterious things, i'm old and i'm comfortable with the devil i know and know how to use.

I'm still moronically hoping that the utorrent dev team will open source utorrent but since their bittorrent client is not even close as popular as utorrent i think that would never happen.

What i think will happen:

FFA (Free for all) phenomenon.

They will make utorrent so bloated and frustratingly annoying (scratch your eyes out) to use that people will move to a different client not in anyway related to the bittorrent company.

"Shooting themselves in the foot" comes to mind.

Greed and popularity goes hand in hand with stupidity and unrespectful behaviors like douchebaggery and assholeishness. Like for no good reason prevent upx from unpacking utorrent.

The more a car salesmen desperately tries to sell you the car the less you want anything to do with the car or the salesman.

Archived