uTorrent 3.2.2 - Disk overloaded 100 %

Latency

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are users experiencing this problem running their OS and torrents on the same disk?

I ask because I'm curious how uTorrent writes data to disk. If I have 5 torrents open and all 5 are being saved to the same HDD, is that similar to having 5 different sources writing to one disk at once?

I noticed an issue when I have more than 3 active torrents saving to the same HDD. The HDD works really hard like it's disk thrashing.

Could that be one of the reasons for disk overload? Too many read/write requests on a single HDD?

I'd like to disable this artificial slowdown as it seems to lock itself when it reaches "100%" and only way to fix it is to restart µTorrent. Currently the only workaround seems to be is increasing diskio.max_write_queue to some arbitrary large number to hope prevent it from happening.

And this in µT 3.3 which is current latest version according to the app itself.

I'm having the same problem: every time I try to download a torrent the speed quickly jumps to 7-11 mb/s and the Disk Overloaded 100% appears in the bottom left corner of the screen. The memory used when i check Task Manager goes to 1.3 GBs and utorrent crashes. Even after i attempt to end process utorrent still won't turn off, the only way to get rid of the process is to start the PC. My PC freezes when this happens. My PC specs are:

Processor: Intel Pentium E5400 Dual-Core @ 2.7 GHz

RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz

HDD: 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA

Video card: Sparkle GeForce GT240 1024 MB DDR2

Mainboard: Biostar G41-M7 ver: 6.4

Source: 450W

I tried everything you guys suggested and still can't get rid of this problem. I'm using utorrent 3.3.1 build 29938. I think there's something wrong with utorrent and I'm pretty sure it's not on my part.

I even tried older versions of utorrent and I get the same problem.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

I'm using utorrent 3.3.1 build 29938.

Have you running 3.3.2 and reducing your cache size?

I don't know how to download 3.3.2. Is that a beta version? My cache size is 512, if I go lower the Disk overloaded error will appear quicker.

My cache size is 512, if I go lower the Disk overloaded error will appear quicker.

Do you know that conclusively or just guessing

I don't know how to download 3.3.2. Is that a beta version?

Got to the download document URL by clicking on Products in the header part of this particular document and click on the [Download] button alongside the version details.

And yes it is, however, it is at least as "stable" as 3.3.1 is.

I noticed that on the utorrent website>help it says 'My memory usage is very high while running µTorrent.

If you find your µTorrent process uses a huge amount of memory abnormally, or steadily increases to hundreds of MB of usage, it could be because of the NVIDIA firewall. If you have the Forceware Network Manager installed, please uninstall it.'

I have a nVidia GT 240 video card as i mentioned in my first post but i can't seem to be able to find the Forceware Network Manager.

7cacd1f7f0.jpg

In previous versions of µTorrent (2.x) I've only ran into the "Disk overloaded" problem when the disk actually was overloaded, for example when copying a large amount of files. But the overloaded problem always went away automatically as soon as the other disk activity stopped. Downloading several torrents at the same time at speeds of several MB per second was never a problem.

Now, since a fem months back, I get the "Disk overloaded" problem for no apparent reason, as soon as I download more than one torrent at once at high speed. There is absolutely NO other disk activity at the time, and no matter how long I wait, µTorrent just won't start writing anything to disk once the "Disk overloaded" message has appeared. It just sits there, doing nothing.

I will try tinkering with the settings a little more, and see if I can find the sweet spot where it just works. But I really wish that it would just work by itself, like it did in previous versions.

I'm currently running version 3.3.1, as some trackers I use don't allow the beta versions.

Did you also try run-as-admin (see if there are any permission-related issues) ?

Anyways, till you'll revert to one of the new versions 3.3.1/2 - there is no sense to even try find what the cause is, since no one will fix anything in 3.2.2 ...

Just some minutes ago get same problem. Disk overloaded 98-100%, and very low download speed.

uTorrent 3.3.1 build 29963

I try download 12 different torrents together.

By default it was set to run 15 active torrents per time and 15 downloads per time.

I reduce maximum downloads till 3, problem with disk overload gone.

Hope it will help somebody.

But it look like just temporary solution, before disk load was balanced automatically with no problem.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

## Problem

This systray message is shown indefinitely

>Disk overloaded 100%

when

the disk acitivity is low

## Reproduce

I don't know how to reproduce this

## Torrent hash

The information for the torrent the problem has occurred for is

hash: not shared because it's private

pieces: 87459 x 256 kB (have 42791)

files: 4211

priority: normal for all files

## Version

filever utorrent.exe

--a-- W32i - ENU 3.3.0.29625 shp 802,136 05-01-2013 utorrent.exe

ver

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

## Problem

This scenario has occured two times for the same torrent

when stopped and checked the status settle at

>Status: Checked 89.2%

when started the download stops in around 1 min with

the status message

>Status: Downloading

the systray message

>Disk overloaded 100%

>D: 2.1 kB/s T: 211.6 MB

the torrent count is

total torrents: 1112

downloading: 11

seeding: 567

after stopping all torrents with the status downloading

the systray message is

>Disk overloaded 100%

the torrent list Save directory disk cont (i.o.w. the number of disk devices that torrents are saved to) is

when the utorrent window is closed by pressing the window's x button (close to systray is disabled)

the process: isn't terminated for around 5 hours or longer

the Process Hacker status of the non-terminated process is

CPU: around 5%

I/O Writes Delta: empty

the last utorrent.log row isn't related to the hang

[2013-07-24 15:24:26] DNS resolution failed for tracker …

• 1 month later...

Archived