OSX, LATEST uTorrent software(1.8.0),UPDATE ! (please read more)

mbryantfny

***UPDATE: I think I found the issue. It says I have NO INCOMING CONNECTION. Which I dont understand because I have an internet connection.***

I just bought a Mac a week ago. Latest software: OSX - 10.8.2

I downloaded uTorrent a couple of days ago. Latest for Mac - 1.8.0

I went on PirateBay. Found some torrents. Attempted to download... It went into uTorrent.. but nothing.

# of seeders and leechers isnt the issue.

My firewall is off. Im on brand new software on the latest uTorrent. It just wont begin downloading.

Any suggestions? THANKS IN ADVANCE ..Ive tried all available versions of uTorrent for Mac btw.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help so far but still have no idea what to do. I definately shouldnt be how I have anything set up unless is a router/modem issue with the ports, etc, like claobaby stated. On top of that I dont know how to foward the ports. I wish I could just get fixed through an update. Ill being doing more research on fowarding ports in the meantime. Keep replying though! Thanks.

i'm having an issue similar to this (COMPLETE Mac noob), utorrent is freezing during the download and i'm unable to quit the program unless i press the dreaded on/off button and shut down the computer. I've moved utorrent in to 'Applications' and am now hoping for the best - will let you know if this was my issue.

Archived