batch relocate torrent?

pisoj1

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to perhaps have a batch relocate torrent...

Basically I have many torrents that I have moved and renamed but would like to seed...I set my download location to the location of the files and then I manually right click each file inside the torrent and relocate it...

What would be nice is if it could automatically do it for all those files in the folder. (There may be other files that aren't associated with the torrent) I figure it should be possible by matching md5 sums to the files of the torrent?

Perhaps it already exists and I don't know how to do it, but perhaps it doesn't....so would greatly appreciate if it can be done :)

I'm not sure what you mean?

Basically I have deleted the torrents from utorrent to stop seeding, then I moved the files that were them into a new folder and renamed them. I can use the relocate function to match up to the new names. But it would be good if I could do it all in one go

The ORIGINAL filenames are embedded in the meta data in the .torrent files, also renaming them also changes the last modified date code in the files themselves, so the actual binary data that makes up the files has been altered. This means that the 'hash (hashsum)" that bitTorrent lients use to ensure that the data integrity is maintained will be different to what the hashsums were when the torrent was originally created.

Even if you read the file list from the meta data and restored the original file names, the hash check would fail because of the modified date.

Archived