Uploading but not downloading

epsonsalts

I am at 62% download of a 760Mb file. There is only ONE seeder. There are 20 leaches.

I have uploaded 2.76Gb, of the file to the others but all I get are dribs and drabs from the seeder and nothing from the leeches.

Most of the leeches have the Xunlei client, some of whom have uploaded 225Mb from me but wose client states they are at 0%.

Is Xunlei a fair torrent player?

Is there anything I can do?

I can upload at 760Kb/sec and download at 6.5Mb/sec.

This file is the only active download I have but am seeding a few., using very little bandwidth.

Most of the leeches have the Xunlei client, some of whom have uploaded 225Mb from me but wose client states they are at 0%.

Check in Preferences -> Advanced that bt.allow_same_ip is set to false, and maybe reduce the upload slots per torrent on that job.

all I get are dribs and drabs from the seeder and nothing from the leeches.
If the peers have no pieces other than what they have got from your client, then you cannot download anything from them

Thanks.

Preferences already set at that.

I allow 80 ports up and 80 down.

Took your advice and restricted to 4..

Am now at least downloading at 15KB/s vis-a-vis 0.6 or less before.

Do you know if Yunlei torrent client is a fair share client or not?

As I wrote, there were several of those clients that I had uploaded 100 - 225 MG of the 750MB file,

but their client said they were at 0%, and that after 2 days.

IE one had 30% of file, but denied it!

Thanks for the assist.

Epsonsalts

Do you know if Yunlei torrent client is a fair share client or not?
No idea, but all bittorrent clients can/will be "greedy" if your settings allow it. It's the 'nature of the beast'.

The "relevance" column is a more useful indicator for low seed/peer ratios, as it shows the percentage that the particular peer has that your client doesn't have.

Archived