Move downloaded file and still seed

Monarch1st

How do I move a file that has already downloaded, and still seed it?

I downloaded several files then set a new spot to 'move completed downloads to', and moved those files there, yet I'd still like to seed them.

(please note the phrase 'already downloaded' - I searched and found a post like this but they told him what to do before it had finished. I need how to move after downloaded.)

If it says "overwrite" there must be some files/folders/directories with the same names. Move, delete or rename them first because if they are not EXACTLY (with EXACTLY meaning 100% exactly at binary level) it will/could corrupt the torrent which WILL then fail to start.
I don't follow.

The file, call it z.txt, used to be at a\b. Now it is at a\b\c, a subdir of where it was told originally. Z.txt does not exist at a\b anymore. There is nothng to overwrite *with*. It does not exist at the old location anymore so it cannot possibly be used to overwrite anything, much less itself at the new location.

Why does the software fail to recognize that z.txt is not at a\b anymore?

Why does the software fail to recognize that z.txt is not at a\b anymore

Because;

used to be at a\b. Now it is at a\b\c,

drive:\a\b\c\z.txt is NOT drive:\a\b\z.txt

BitTorrent clients do not have a concept of "files", they understand blocks of binary data arranged in a particular order, and that 'file' is not in Kansas anymore.

Hmm. That explains some.

Does that get us any closer to why r-click/advanced/set download location doesn't get it to seed the file, err, binary blocks, that it had previosly downloaded?

I set a column to show 'save directory', and the ones that I had changed the download dir have that new directory as the save directory. But it still doesn't recognize it's there tho.

There is an error message in the red status bar "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming". Should I try resuming? (...but can't find a resume selection.)

Btw, thanks for they help. Appreciate it.

Archived