Cannot re-add torrents with multiple files

bobdylanfan

Occasionally I have to unplug hard drives, which then requires me to re-add torrents to utorrent. I do this using File -> add torrent (choose save drive) -> then select the .torrent file and then selecting the actual file as to where it should be downloaded. This causes it to go through a re-checking process and then everything used to be fine.

However, ever since updating I have not been able to re-add torrents to my list that have multiple files - or more specifically, that are files within a folder. For example, trying to re-add a movie that is not within a folder, but is just the single .mkv file in my external hard drive, works fine. But if I try to re-add a torrent in which the file is contained within a folder, utorrent just tries to download that file again without going through the checking process. I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

EDIT: Problem solved.

Yeah that is what I do. Let's say that I want to seed City Lights. On my external hard drive I have a folder named City Lights and inside is a city.lights.mkz any maybe a sample file or whatever. So when I choose File -> add torrent (choose save drive), I then click the .torrent file and then click the folder "City Lights" and then it tries downloading instead of checking

Archived