New here and question about scheduler

ShanM

Hi there,

I am new to the forums. I have been using uTorrent for a bit now, and am not super computer savvy. I started out just doing what my husband told me. Still do but am also trying to understand the settings to make my life easier. Anyway... I am not sure I am understanding the settings and the scheduler properly.

I have set my scheduler to mostly use limited during the day, and shut down completely during specific times. Hubby works from home and needs lots of bandwidth on our home network for his job, then I have it set to run full force at night. I also have general settings set to only seed or download a limited number of files at a time. I have my seeding ratio set very high because I want to "catch up". I was downloading and not seeding and not realizing what a nasty thing that was to do so I am trying to make up for that by seeding more to bring my ratio up to 1:1. So consequently, I have a lot of my torrents that I have downloaded over the last week still queued for seeding. Anyway, when I signed in this morning ALL of my torrents were seeding. Does the scheduler over-ride the settings in the preferences? Is there a way to limit the number of torrents I am seeding at a time in the scheduler. I didn't see any setting like that.

I have been through the FAQ and the appropriate sections of the manual and could not find my answers. Thank you for your help. :)

What client version and build? (Help -> About uTorrent)

Are you downloading from a "members only" site or a private tracker?

Is there a way to limit the number of torrents I am seeding at a time in the scheduler.
Nope
Does the scheduler over-ride the settings in the preferences?
Only the upload/download rates.

uTorrent 3.2.3 (build 28705) 32 bit is what it says in about.

I am downloading from member only sites. Is that going to make a difference?

I take that to mean that the number of torrents I have set to seed in the general settings under preferences doesn't apply in scheduler. So that would explain why they were all seeding this morning when I got up. Seems to be not making too much of a difference on my bandwidth so i am probably ok with it this way. Thank you for the info.

Archived