Port is not open

Guest torente

Guest torente

Hi.

I reinstalled Win 7 x64. Then i installed 3.1.3 which i use and i am satisfied with it. I backup cfg file from uTorrent and c/p into a fresh installed uTorrent. Before i opened a port on my router and uTorrent worked perfect and i always have green light.

After reinstall Win 7 i did all the same. Port is still open, old cfg file is there, i checked 'add win. fw exception' and i checked in FW (this time i use win FW, before i used Comodo)

2012-12-18_0237.png

and i use free avast AV. Anyway i tried to disable both but i always when i check setup guide port is not open. I do not know where is my mistake. FW and AV. Only for what i am not sure did i give a good local ip address into router configuration

2012-12-18_0240.png

Does ipv4 address is local address when i check in Network connection detail?

After reinstall i put some Win services on manual. If that can make problems i will write what services are they.

And i must fix this. I hate after reinstall OS when i see applications are not set-up perfect :)

I just a new desktop with windows 8, all of a sudden, I can't get uTorrent Plus to download anything. I get the little red icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. I contacted the manufacturer of my computer and they said because the files are free ware they are prone to viruses and the programs on the computer won't allow them to download. What can I do?

Guest torente

Did not help me :(

I do not planning to use uTorrent plus

How to be sure i chose good local ip address which i have to enter in router menu?

-------

Solved:

Here is the solution of my problem:

run > cmd > ipconfig

2012-12-20_1409.png

that IP address is address which i have to enter in local ip address in router menu. I did that, checked over setup guide and i immediately get green check.

btw do i have to left those checked for UPNP and NAT-PMP?

2012-12-20_1417.png

There is no "good local IP" just the one your router DHCP server gives your PC

btw do i have to left those checked for UPNP and NAT-PMP?
No

So now you have forwarded the listen port to that IP you need to set it so that is the "prefered" IP in your router's DHCP config.

How will depend on your router.

Guest torente

I did not spell right. I do not know which word to choose for what i want to explain. Good = right/well/... ip address. That was the first what i asked.

So now you have forwarded the listen port to that IP you need to set it so that is the "prefered" IP in your router's DHCP config.

I am not sure what do you mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived