No internet access while downloading/ slow or no upload

qwiksilvertrav

Hello,

Been using Utorrent for quite a while with no problems. I recently upgraded for Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. I'm running Avast as my real time scanner and has never caused me any problems with utorrent.

I've noticed now when I download any file I cannot access the internet at all on any of my devices on my home network. I'm guessing I need to do something in my router? I have a Belkin dual band N600 HD router. I've also noticed I do not get much of any uploading with my seeds. Before it would upload almost constant with a good upload speed.

Any help here would be great.

I have restarted my router...and how would shutting my router off solve not having internet while downloading? Shutting it off would give me no internet period...

It's always worked just fine through the router previous to installing Windows 7 64 bit. I know it may not be the OS to blame...just something in the settings that has changed since.

Well not exactly...utorrents configurations got set back to default in the process. I doubt it's the OS...when I get home tonight I'm going to try plugging the cable modem right into the pc and bypass the router.

Could be a port forwarding problem? I can set this up on my router...however I never had to set it up before...

Version is 3.2.1

Number of active torrents is 7 and number of downloads is 6 with the rest at 0 and unchecked on the queueing page.

Max up rate is 348 kb/s

Max download is unlimited

Apply limit to uTp connections is checked

Global number of connections is 500

connections per torrent is 100

Anymore info needed let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Archived