Downloads randomly change save-location

cfw

Okay, this is an old bug, which has been present for over a year, and while I realize it isn't a show-stopper and thus not a priority, it remains a bug.

When adding multiple downloads, be it torrents or magnets, the save-location will sometimes change from the suggested location to the default windows downloads location supplied by the account profile.

This change is never displayed to the user, it just happens silently, and I suspect there is some logic in the code which makes it revert to this location.

Using Windows 7 x64.

I'll humor your craving for a frame of reference.
A frame of reference is essential for locating and identifying 'bugs'. Especially if it is an intermittent problem. Bugs can ONLY be correctly identified by having EXACT REPRODUCIBLE STEPS for creating the abnormal behaviour.

Tested on 3.2.3.28705 using the add dialogue and every job went where expected.

Does the problem occur with or without the add dialogue?

Does the problem occur with or without the add dialogue?

It happens with the add dialogue. I never really tested much using the default location, since I use several locations. I can say that all the directories settings in my setup is currently left blank so there's no default location, only what's stored in the add dialogue drop-down.

When you say tested, may I ask how many you added at the same time? I usually add 20-40 entries in one go. I open the add dialogue for all of them before I go through each one and select what to download and where to store each download.

When you say tested, may I ask how many you added at the same time?
Sixtytwo which was the contents of my "Waiting to be added" directory.
only what's stored in the add dialogue drop-down.

and where to store each download.

Could it be that some of the locations in the select box list, no longer exist on your system? Because in that case, uTorrent WOULD default to the system default download location where no explicit location was set in Preferences -> Directories.

Could it be that some of the locations in the select box list, no longer exist on your system? Because in that case, uTorrent WOULD default to the system default download location where no explicit location was set in Preferences -> Directories.

I thought of that too, but no, these locations do exist. I'm leaning more towards some issue where the add-dialogue tries to add entries to the download-queue faster than µtorrent is able to process. All I can say for sure is that every few addition ends up misplaced, and I really can't see why.

• 1 month later...

An update to this is that if you add two magnets with the same file, where one is actually within a subdirectory, µtorrent becomes confused and places both downloads in the target directory while discarding the subdirectory.

Archived