How do I share torrents after reinstalling?

mosis

Hi, I've just installed Windows 8 and reinstalled uTorrent, I have loads of torrents which I downloaded and would like to seed again, is it possible to do this?

I read another post which said that I should have saved a file BEFORE installing the new OS - I may have a Macrium Reflect backup image of my Windows 7 installation, which might have the file on it, if it's definitely in C: drive (I always install my applications to a different partition, D:, to keep the Windows partition smaller so that backing up is easier).

Or can I attempt to redownload the original torrents, and uTorrent will find the files already there and start seeding them? I don't mind searching for the torrents again, there are only about ten main files which I think are important.

Hi Kitsoran, how do I point it at the correct location? I don't think I have the .torrent files any more, where would they have been stored?

I think I may have to reinstall my image of Windows 7 and find the %AppData% file, or whatever it's called.

.torrents and other files are stored in %appdata%, you may want to research what that is. Does your software not let you pull individual files/folders out?

If you were to relaunch the torrents, you'd choose to download them to where they already are. The location can also be set inside the software for existing torrents. The migration guide also has a method to import a large number of torrents.

Archived