Features that SHOULD NOT be requested for uTorrent

sal

These are a few things that I think should never be features of uTorrent -

· Web browser

· Favorites

· Preview

· Chat

Please don't ask for them, or any other bloating crap.

Agree 100%. Please keep utorrent simple. If it ever gets to the point where these useless features are added, I will probably use the last version available without them and never update. Except for bugs and/or necessary features to improve the performance of the program, utorrent is fine right now for me. Most of you want to add ridiculous things to utorrent. It almost looks like a few of you(judging by your ideas) sit and think real hard for a reason just to post in the request section....So what if these requests won't bloat the app that much? Alot of the ideas will just ugly-up the GUI. Oh, and the "colored text" request that I've seen in several threads needs to be on this "Not Needed" list as well.

I disagree.

I think uTorrent would be a much more interesting program with some additional features. How about adding a 3D MMORPG game into it? Or a nice word processor so that I can edit some files? I have plenty of space on the hard drive, so a slightly larger program that needs lots of external drivers, codecs, and status storage is not a problem. uTorrent can also be improved if it has SpiceLab and Mathematica built in!!!!!

Seriously, I think that the first main criterion in evaluating a new feature is whether or not that feature belongs in a BITTORRENT client (as opposed to a "swiss jacknife" client).

These days a BT client without DHT is a bit like a donkey/mule client without Kad (which is the same as DHT from memory(not sure on this)). It is included in bittorrent official which I concider to be the benchmark for a basic client.

And with the way trackers are offline or being taken down these days I think DHT is a good idea.

And the webbrowser has to be the worst thing in BitComet.

I have to admit, BitComet was my first and only bittorrent client before uTorrent, I avoided the java apps with vengance thanks to Limewire (although I still use Limewire/Frostwire) and BC seemed to fit my ideal of a good winapp. 0.56 is where I picked up and it was all good, only prob back then would have been column sorting via header which is sort of trivial (was the first thing I checked in uTorrent, yesss). Then the web browser appeared, eugh. I just avoided it. Months went past and 0.60 came along with Preview, which prompted me to preview uTorrent after seeing it mentioned a few days earlier. Never looked back.

True, uTorrent hasn't run smoothly for me from day one, but that doesn't bother me too much and I'm still impressed everytime I use it.

DHT should definitely be supported IMO also.

Archived