New computer, major 3.2.3 issue...

kgosfm

I had to replace my old computer, but all my torrents are still on an external HD that hasn't changed at all. Whenever I try to add the torrents to uTorrent 3.2.3 bld 28705, and then "Force Re-Check", the torrent starts downloading again... I've got over 2200 torrents on this drive, and there's NO WAY I can re-download all those files... (over 858 GB)... Does anyone out there have an idea? ciaobaby? You seem to answer every troubleshooting problem... you smart Bear... Thanks for your time folks...

Follow the migration guide in the manual.

OR

If you still have access to the setup on the old computer, stop all the jobs, then copy the entire contents of the settings folder (%appdata%/uTorrent) to the new computer.

PROVIDED that ALL the paths and drive letters remain EXACTLY the same on the new setup, you should be able to restart uTorrent and restart the jobs without a recheck being needed on every one.

thanks ciaobaby!!! Unfortunately, I don't have access to the old HD with all my settings (at this time), but Ilearned a trick in the migration section of the user guide (about putting a blank "settings.dat" file in the folder with the utorrent.exe file, and now I'm able to reseed most of my torrents easily.

However... a cautionary tale here... I've been in the habit of renaming the folder (to fit my naming conventions), rather than accepting the folder "as is", mirroring the torrent name. Big mistake. When you run a re-check, utorrent can't find the folder unless it's named EXACTLY like the torrent. So, on all torrents that I downloaded, probably 95% or more, I now have to rename the folder to the torrent name, and then force recheck. That blows. So... in the future, I won't be doing that (renaming) anymore. In case YOU happen to find yourself in the same predicament that I am in, you'll be glad you didn't rename.

Thanks again for the help, folks!

Archived