Glitchy Audio and/or Video while utorrent is downloading

Hephaestus

Got a bit of an issue, while torrenting, at any speeds (even 20kB/s), if I play audio or video, either on the same HDD utorrent is downloading to, or a separate drive (local or external) the audio and/or video starts to glitch and jump around.

I've tried playing files from different locations, same issue.

I've tried different torrents, same issue.

I've updated every driver that could possibly be related to it, same issue.

All seems to have started within the last two releases of utorrent, problem goes away as soon as I close utorrent.

Any ideas??

Get a faster CPU.

Shit, I'm sorry, I didn't realise i7 wasn't good enough for the oh so power hungry uTorrent to function with.

What shall I upgrade myself to instead? Maybe a server board will be able to cope? No wait! I'll grab myself a super computer, surely that'll be able to keep up with uTorrent and it's power crazed ways.

Ok then now we've got the guess out of the way, will you be giving some USEFUL information that may help diagnose the problem??????????????????

My crystal ball isn't working today otherwise I would have known everything about your system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm quite sure I mentioned that it only started after the latest releases of uTorrent, so I would have assumed that someone that wasn't a braindead fuckwit might have worked out that it's not a PC related issue, if it were, one would assume the issue would be a constant.

But I digress, what more information are you wanting from me your highness?

My computer is black, and when I press the button up the top, some magic and voodoo happens and lights turn on, and suddenly the big vertical rectangle turns on and images start appearing out of no where. And if I move this funny looking object on my right, a little arrow starts to move on the screen, allowing me to click on things.

I'm truly amazed by such an awe inspiring object.

It's pretty new to me, I'm much more used to rock painting and stone carvings.

Well I'm quite sure I mentioned that it only started after the latest releases of uTorrent, so I would have assumed that someone that wasn't a braindead fuckwit might have worked out that it's not a PC related issue, if it were, one would assume the issue would be a constan

Not necessarily.

My machine performa perfectly well playing video and audio while uTorrent is running and hitting DL speeds of 300kB/s plus.

As far as I recall, I was not here offering some polesmoking fudge packer advice on their problems. Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens with your .mkv files.

Previous versions of uTorrent, I can download at 1.4mB/s, and still play audio and video perfectly, shit, I can play Crysis perfectly will, and uTorrent does it's own thing.

Now, with the latest releases of a software that once was the best torrent client going, my audio and video fucks up.

The sole thing that's changed, is uTorrent.

So your royal doucheness, do you have anything more to add, maybe another story? I'd love to hear another one! Pretty please!? Maybe something with a puppy in it this time?

I was not here offering some polesmoking fudge packer advice on their problems. Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens with your .mkv files.

Well there you are then. Now you know exactly how concerned most people are about your problem! Especially when you expect an instant solution with little or NO information to figure out what the probable cause maybe.

Archived