Router settings making torrents speed slow?

blooddevil

Hi guys.

So, i dont download torrents that often but i remember that the last time i used it, it was fine and then after a week or so the guys from the internet came here because the internet speed was slow and messed with the router settings (i dont know what they changed) and the next day i tried downloading a torrent and it was extremely slow. I tried around 4 torrents with lots of people downloading and in all of them it didnt even reach 10kb (btw, i have 10mb internet). Before that happening, right at the beginning of downloading torrents, it would reach 100kb+ instantly and it could go up to 1,2 mb.

Im not sure if its because of that or because of something else. I have already gone to the router settings but i dont understand much of that stuff. Can i post print screens of the router settings here? Is it a problem, i dont know, maybe for security reasons or something like that or can i put the prints here without a problem?

ok, so, im not sure but i think its something on the router settings so here goes some screens.

First, here is my utorrent settings:

Now my ip config and tcp/ipv4 that i changed to make static ip (its in portuguese but its in the same way in all languages so it should be easy to know what is what):

And now all my router settings (im not sure but i guess its something in here thats screwing my torrentts speeds):

Oh, and also, i found on another ppost here on the site that someone said a site called canyouseeme.org were u can see if the port is forwarded and look at the screen, souldnt the ip be something like 192.168.0.1?

wow, big post xD

oh, i tried downloading 2 torrents:

torrentui.jpg

torrent2t.jpg

the first torrent i downloaded from isohunt. The other torrent i said reached 300 kb was also from isohunt. So it looks like torretns from isohunt are working decently, althought not as good as it should and torrents from other sites like extratorrent and pirate bay dont even reach 5 kb

It is nothing to do with the origin of the .torrent file or the metadata but the peers that are carrying the pieces.

Have you pruned the dead trackers from the jobs so the client isn't wasting CPU cycles, bandwidth and data transfer communicating with trackers that will never respond?

Archived