Cannot retrieve downloaded files (Android app)

hitman989

I need help urgently with my most recent download.

I'm using the Android utorrent app on Nexus 7. After choosing the download location (sdcard/download), the torrent downloaded and finished (7.2gb). BUT, I cannot retrieve it because when I went into sdcard/download folder it shows blank!!!

My android file explorer cannot find the files anywhere, nor my PC. But my Nexus 7 indicates that my storage space is 7.2gb less than before the download. I need to find the files!

I have downloaded other stuff before and did not encounter this problem. Please help me retrieve this 7.2gb!!!

(My device is not rooted)

One way you could try to find the info is to put the SD card into your computer and do a search from there.

Actually if you dont have a microSD adapter or a card reader you could just plug your phone into the computer and access it as a drive and then do a search from there.

Also, im assuming you are using the android app and not the "remote" app (that will only download to your computer with uTorrent installed)... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.utorrent.client\

They do mention that it is in beta... maybe this is a bug? For instance it might not be taking in the path location correctly and might be sending it to a 'default' location.... ill look into that.

EDIT: So what i mostly see on the site is people who are unable to download anything at all (probably because they dont know that you have to be on wireless)... Most likely the download just went to some other place on your phone.

• 3 months later...

Hey I found the files downloaded using utorrent on Samsung Note 2 (android Jelly Bean). Need to go to My Files and then in properties, check hidden files, then go to Download dir. There a hidden folder named .magnet~ had the downloaded file.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!!! :-D

Archived