New modem/router has slowed me down?

mgftp

Hey guys, I was reading the stickies but I am not much of a computer tech so I wasn't grasping most of what I was reading. Hoping that my specific scenario will enable someone to point me in the right direction.

Using uTorrent in the past I had never had much of an issue with speed. However, recently I got a Motorola SURFboard Gateway DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Cable Modem to replace the old Motorola modem I was renting from the cable company and the Belkin wireless router I had. It seems download speeds on uTorrent have dropped significantly unless I have gotten really unlucky and have gotten stuck with a bunch of extremely slow torrents, one after another.

Other info:

- The computer I am using uTorrent on is not on wireless, it's got Ethernet right to the modem/router.

- The computer being used for uTorrent as well as wireless devices are all getting significantly better download speeds according to SpeedTest.net than they were before the new modem/router was put in.

Seems very odd to me that my internet on a whole is faster with the new modem/router but that uTorrent seems to be drastically slower. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a fix?

Thanks

Archived