Move completed downloads.....

ofotd

I have the box for "Put new download in:" set. I also have the "Move completed downloads to:" checkbox checked.

When the torrent finishes it just stays in the default download directory and does not move to when I want completed d/l's to go.

I am using uTorrent 1.1.5 build 270 w/ XP SP2

Is this a bug of this version or a feature not yet working?

not entirely sure as ive never tried it myself. all i can say is that i hope once its moved the completed download it keeps seeding it.

That is the way it works in Azureus. It will keep seeding once moved to a completed downloads folder. Great feature if you ask me.

It doesn't move the files unless it's the same drive..

Well that does seem to work. Any plans of allowing it to move files to a different drive though? I have a drive set up just as a "TEMP" drive and have a different drive as a final storage drive. Allowing them to moved to a new drive would be very helpful.

Thanks for all the hard work. utorrent has really been coming along quite nicely.

It doesn't move the files unless it's the same drive..

Well that does seem to work. Any plans of allowing it to move files to a different drive though? I have a drive set up just as a "TEMP" drive and have a different drive as a final storage drive. Allowing them to moved to a new drive would be very helpful.

Thanks for all the hard work. utorrent has really been coming along quite nicely.

Doesn't that just COPY it, not MOVE it?

If you drag and drop between drives, it copies, thats why I ask.

I believe that it's more difficult to program to move across drives. However, isn't it possible to send a command to explorer.exe to move files and let it do all the work?

The dev's may want to disallow the user to select a folder outside the same drive as the download folder, or at least put a little warning text/tooltip

getting the same issue but more bizarre

some finished torrents are moved to my 'completed' folder, while others aren't

and there isn't more info i can give because there isn't anything special about them

i have ~50 completed torrents in 2 different directories made up of a single file or a folder of files

manually moving from 'new' to 'completed' folder (and vice-versa) and re-checking drops 'done' to 0%

moving them back to original folder and re-chcecking gives 100% done

problem appears in 1.1.5 and 1.1.6.1

Archived