Folder Assignments

gbjennings

I have just recently begun using uTorrent, and compared to all of the others I have tried, it wins the race. Only one small suggestion. I don't undrstand why all of the .dat and .dat.old files associated with uTorrent must be kept under Windows\Application Data in the uTorrent folder. Why not keep them in the Program Files uTorrent folder or sub folder, so the application is all neatly in one place? And, by the way, THANKS for designing this application in this way, and not cluttering the registry with option settings ! ! GREAT ! Please keep up the good work...

• 2 months later...

my problem is that using different bittorrent clients each one puts files in a different place, and I can never remember where a torrent file will land when I download it. And there is no way to easily locate the downloaded data files, except for the ones cluttering up my desktop. If I move them to a common place, will utorrent be able to find them?

Just download to that common location. If you need to move currently downloading torrents, stop them, move the files, right click the torrent job in the list, Advanced > Set Downlaod Location... and point to the right place. Force Re-check and Start.

• 4 years later...

Archived