uTorrent doesn't automatically download movies with this RSS config?

hefal

Hi, this is how my configuration looks. I'm trying to get it to download any movie released in 2013 in full HD automatically. What have I done wrong?

6pGGd.png?1?2471

Very thankful for answers!

EDIT: Note that I can see movies labeled i.e. Death.Race.3.Inferno.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264-Japhson but it won't download them?

Ok then.

So which bit of

http://ciaobaby.info/screenshots/utorrent/rss-sub.png

Is confusing you??

:D

I don't want it to download every episode that's uploaded since i don't watch every tv series on the world wide interwebz. Same thing goes for movies as ppl sometimes tend to upload shit from the 60's :|

I don't understand what I've done wrong, i mean, it works with all of the tv series I have specified (visible in the original post) so why shouldn't 2013 work as a filter when Dexter does?

Use wildcards in your filter.

for example *2013* or *[2013]*

Edit.. you might also try "Filter uses original name instead of decoded name."

Edit.. the quality selection by the way is not guaranteed to work if the feed includes the quality info in a way that uTorrent doesn't automatically parse correctly. You can try eliminating that and trying to including the resolution as part of your filter instead.

Use wildcards in your filter.

for example *2013* or *[2013]*

Edit.. you might also try "Filter uses original name instead of decoded name."

Edit.. the quality selection by the way is not guaranteed to work if the feed includes the quality info in a way that uTorrent doesn't automatically parse correctly. You can try eliminating that and trying to including the resolution as part of your filter instead.

Added several different filters with regard to what you said and let i run overnight, nothing! I might just change torrent client, this is pissing me off :(

Anyone else got this running properly, or if you have any ideas of alternative ways to solve this, please respond!

Added several different filters with regard to what you said and let i run overnight' date=' nothing! I might just change torrent client, this is pissing me off :(

Anyone else got this running properly, or if you have any ideas of alternative ways to solve this, please respond![/quote']

Hi hefal,

I'm not "anyone else" of course, but I use the feature extensively, and it works very well for me.

What I usually do though, is this: I perform a SEARCH on the torrent site of interest, a search that results in exactly what I want to automatically download -- without additional filtering. I use categtories and filters on the site, as well as search terms. Some sites allow you to bring up a single members (uploaders) torrents, and perform additional searches from that point, so you know you are only getting torrents from users you trust. Then , get the RSS feed for the search results page, which most torrent sites will do in my experience. Use that URL for your feed in uTorrent, and either tell it when adding the feed to download everything, or in the RSS downloader, create an entry with a filter of just "*" (asterix - no quotes), and make sure all other options are set to not restrict downloads in any way. This is the simplest setup, and it allows you to leverage the filtering options of the torrent site itself which in some cases are better catered to the torrents on that site than a generric downloaders filtering capabilities can ever be.

LT

hefal, also review the RSS guide here for a better understanding of how the feature works:

http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/rss

For example, if your site requires you to be signed in, you need to take some extra steps.

Also, I'll just point out that no matter how the RSS downloader is setup - it will never download anything that is not in the RSS feed. When you click on an active (not disabled, and if brand new given a few minutes to update) feed in your list of feeds, it shows everything that is in the feed with the URL you provided - regardless of your downloader settings. If that list is blank - the problem is either with the feed URL, security (i.e. you need to be signed in), or the feed itself is not in correct RSS format, so uTorrent doesn't understand it. Once you have a feed with stuff in it, you can configure the RSS downloader. In the RSS Downloader, all of your download rules are listed as "Favorites", according to a name you specified if you created the rule manually, on the left. Make sure there is a checkmark next to the rules you want to use, as the absence of a checkmark disables those rules.

LT

• 3 months later...

I believe you just need to use some wildcards. In filter try *2013* that should do it. Everything else about your set up looks good. I found that I needed to use wildcards for all my shows in this format: showname* Also, I have found the software uTFilterManager to be very helpful.

Archived