Editting my ratios and other things

So I have my entire utorrent history in it, torrent after torrent from the day I first used utorrent in 2006, the avg. DL/UL speed, the amount I uploaded, the ratios etc. All of it is there.

Recently I've had to use Vuze though because my ISP (Shaw) throttles my traffic (sometimes they do sometimes they don't) and I can only get my full UL speed on Vuze and I'm sad that uTorrent can't offer similar level 5 encryption/protection.

I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to my ratios so I was wondering if there's a way to edit my uTorrent metadata so I can add the numbers from Vuze into uTorrent. Is this all stored in the resume.dat? What about the numbers in the "Show statistics"? Where's that stored?

Thanks.

Data packets are data packets, nobody can tell what kind of file the data is part of unless they intercept them all and reconstruct it.

And ALL kinds of data travels over FTP and if you also enable protocol encryption ....

Packet inspection and resultant "traffic shaping" is a reality with some ISPs in some locations. In the USA for example, the practice, which has grown more sophisticated over the years, has had its legal ups and downs and I believe it is currently generally illegal, but without strong enough consumer protections, and ISPs sometimes operate on the edge of the law and find loopholes in the rules.

Years ago (before protections were in place in rules in the US, but still after the public debate had heated up), I found that my ISP (a major US ISP) throttled my bittorrent traffic, especially my upload. At that time, I found a way to resolve the issue for me. My ISP *I think* was simply monitoring the number of connections being made or maintained on my connection, and when it surpassed a certain threshold, they only allowed the connections full speed for a certain amount of time (10 or 20 minutes?) before throttling my entire connetcion WAY DOWN. The solution for me was to reduce the number of total connections and the number of upload/download slots to very small numbers. The main result was that it took longer for my torrents to "get up to speed" with fewer connetcions, but I was still usually able to maintain speeds that maxed out my ISP connection indefinitely thereafter.

That may not work with what your ISP is doing today.. but ciaobaby's point of using a standard port such as 21, 80, standard VOIP ports like 5060, 5070, 1718 to 1720, or 2517 often resolves the issue since many ISPs do not filter traffic on those ports or in some cases even prioritize traffic on certain ports. You can also in the Advanced properties in uTorrent select a range of ports for outgoing connections (don't try this until you've exhausted other options, since it is probably not necessary). Try enabling all the protocol encryption options uTorrent provides (if you disable unencrypted connections entirely, you will have fewer peers you can connect to since some clients don't support encryption or may have it disabled).

Also try some internet searches, you may find pointers from others who are on your ISP/in your locale.

LT

Coming back to the main question, is there a way to edit the statistics manually?

The amount uploaded/downloaded is indeed stored in the resume.dat and I only editted one of a very old torrent I once released and seeded a lot but corrupted the header of the video so I conveniently had the torrent to download the 2MB of corrupted data but this messed up the ratio to 4500:1 and it has always been at the top when sorting by highest ratio. I changed the amount downloaded in resume.dat from 2097152 to 0 and this fixed the ratio down to 8:1.

Nothing what you edit in resume.dat seems to affect the numbers you get when you click "statistics" though. So it would be fun to know how to edit that too.

Coming back to the main question' date=' is there a way to edit the statistics manually?[/quote']

Nothing what you edit in resume.dat seems to affect the numbers you get when you click "statistics" though. So it would be fun to know how to edit that too.

Indeed!

Google immediately lead me to a blog and then back to this forum.

The walk-through on how to do it can be found at http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-change-stats-utorrent-20850/.

The mentioned BEncodeEditor required can be found at '>/viewtopic.php?id=31306

. Both the editor and instructions appear to be the product of local administrator Ultima's genius.

Coming back to the main question' date=' is there a way to edit the statistics manually?[/quote']

Indeed!

Google immediately lead me to a blog and then back to this forum.

The walk-through on how to do it can be found at http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-change-stats-utorrent-20850/.

The mentioned BEncodeEditor required can be found at '>/viewtopic.php?id=31306

. Both the editor and instructions appear to be the product of local administrator Ultima's genius.

Awesome, I never expected it would be this easy. Much appreciated!

Anyone know where to view Vuze's global stats?

DreadWingKnight, I know that. My intention is only to reflect the tracker ratios on the stats of uTorrent since I'll be seeding with Vuze for now until my ISP stops throttling or I figure a similar way to do http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Avoid_traffic_shaping#Level_5 on uTorrent.

While Vuze has many settings, most of them are redundant and the app doesn't compare to how professional uTorrent is. Vuze's layout sucks and usability is inconvenient for the most important features/settings, not to mention it's slow and likely spyware, regardless of it being open source.

Archived