Converting files so I can watch movies on my DVD player

Workshopd2n

I just purchased uTorrent Plus.

What do I need to do to convert my video files so I can put them on a blank DVD and then play them on my DVD player as opposed to on my computer?

It's a standard multizone DVD player, it's probably about 8 years old.

My movie files are of various types, but what I really need to know is what do I need to convert them to.

Cheers!

Edited to add: if I can't do that with uTorrent, it doesn't matter but can anyone tell me what format I am looking for? I hope I provided enough information?

I just purchased uTorrent Plus.

What do I need to do to convert my video files so I can put them on a blank DVD and then play them on my DVD player as opposed to on my computer?

It's a standard multizone DVD player, it's probably about 8 years old.

My movie files are of various types, but what I really need to know is what do I need to convert them to.

Cheers!

Edited to add: if I can't do that with uTorrent, it doesn't matter but can anyone tell me what format I am looking for? I hope I provided enough information?

Some of the recent models of DVD and Blu Ray players can play various video and audio formats (though with more restrictions than you can achieve with your computer). However, with older models or for a method that will be compatible with most video files you can find, you need to use DVD or Blu Ray (DVD in your case--I'm just being general) mastering software to create a disc in actual standard format. There are many consumer-oriented such programs that are pretty easy to use. It used to be that pretty much all DVD burners were packaged with such software, but that's not always the case now, and not all new computers come with it either. Some popular examples of consumer software that include DVD and/or Blu Ray authoring/mastering capability: Nero, Nero Video, Roxio Creator, and Roxio MyDVD. Also see the list of software at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DVD_authoring_applications (somewhat outdated but lists many more options, including some free ones).

Not a uTorrent problem.

Use a search engine.

Hi caiobaby.. Is this a rule? I thought chat was basically for "off topic chatter". The sticky poost essentially reiterates this (to me) saying that basically anything goes unless it's better suited to another forum (which I read to mean another forum section).

Archived