Torrent File is getting downloaded in Unknown Application.

Apolo0709

Hey,

I don't know how many of you are facing the problem am facing currently with Torrent. This started yesterday suddenly out of nowhere. When am trying to download any file from Torrentz.com using 1337X or piratebay or kickasstorrents.com my file is getting downloaded in unknown application even though my Utorrent is running fine and still downloading is going on while I type these letters.

Please someone urgently assist me as because of this am not able to download anything from torrent. I was trying to download HIMYM S8E9 from torrent using Kickasstorrents and 1337X which I have been using for last 5-6 years.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I don't know how many of you are facing the problem am facing currently with Torrent. This started yesterday suddenly out of nowhere. When am trying to download any file from Torrentz.com using 1337X or piratebay or kickasstorrents.com my file is getting downloaded in unknown application even though my Utorrent is running fine and still downloading is going on while I type these letters.

Please someone urgently assist me as because of this am not able to download anything from torrent. I was trying to download HIMYM S8E9 from torrent using Kickasstorrents and 1337X which I have been using for last 5-6 years.

Thanks in advance.

Options>Preferences>General>Windows Integration (group)>

Click "Associate with torrent files"

Check "Check Association on startup"

Should fix it.

If not, there's always

Windows Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs>Associate a filetype or protocol with a program

Then wait for list to populate (make take a minute or two)

scroll down to .torrent

double-click and select "uTorrent"

LT

Windows Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs>Associate a filetype or protocol with a program

Then wait for list to populate (make take a minute or two)

scroll down to .torrent

double-click and select "uTorrent"

Hey LT, thanks man. this really did the job. Now I can open torrent files. Thanks a ton man. Really.:)

Archived