uTorrent Causes Windows 8 to crash

ArcWolf

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled uTorrent but it still causes windows to crash, it happens whenever i close the lid on my laptop with uTorrent running or i leave a download going and walk away for a while, my computer has never crashed before until i recently put uTorrent on it.

Some info on why it crashes would be great, otherwise I'm gonna have to use a different program

No I haven't been infected because it started when I installed it and stopped when I uninstalled it

I've replaced it with BitTorrent and my computer hasn't crashed once, so its got something to do with uTorrent

I've scanned my system with Avast! And nothing came up, I also temporarily installed MalwareBytes anti-malware and did a full system scan on all devices and no results

so I'm gonna be using BitTorrent for now, its the same anyway, plus without crashes

• 1 month later...

a northbridge with poor fan cooling can cause bsods on laptops, and generally it comes with high cpu load (50% busy is enough !) ; very curious that bt works fine : utorrent and bt got same engine for many years. I wonder on what url you get utorrent : did you take 3.4 release ?

By the way, what do you call the "lid", since I never found this word anywhere .

Archived