µTorrent Is Not a Lightweight Efficient Client

Straydog

uTorrent is no longer the lightweight efficient client it used to be. The words are still on the home page and elsewhere, but that has become a hoax with the dirty gimmicks for brainless and mentally retarded people that were added and made it become what the great founders wanted to avoid. It is no longer the best but one of the worst, and is full of useless and obstructive garbage and pub. It became simply disgusting.

Further more, it no longer saves some settings, like the size for next start up window, and stopped starting minimized in the tray, but on the taskbar only. Useful things disappeared. We can no longer read longer torrent names or other column lines without editing the names (balloons are gone, too). The Status column is much worse. Added and Completed columns have lost utility by skipping the precision and replacing the exact date and time with meaningless expressions (I removed them because they became useless). The imposed and absolutely silly yellow bar on the upper side has the unique utility of wasting space and making us to use the program in a larger window. The possibility to narrow the column on the left hand side of the window was just cut off by some brainless manipulator. Remember, using full screen window is going back to pre-windows computing. Also, full screen windows cannot be used when multi-tasking, or isn't that obvious for you. People not using multitasking in a computer are joke players, unless when you are just writing a document, and then... maybe.

Well, there are too many wrong withdrawals. So many as to make this a NOT uTorrent client, that after many years of using uTorrente with great pleasure, praising and recommending to others, I am now doing the opposite and telling everyone to opt by another client because this is no longer what they have heard about and the GUI is imposing, obstructive, not enough configurable, and with undesirable, obstructive and bothering pub. Yet, not the worst, but all together makes it an undesirable client.

What happened, guys? Have you turned to wiped brained customers and want to get rich with the name and good work of your predecessors? Well, not with me because I am leaving you for good and spreading the word around. And, as I also have a site, you can be sure I will not restrain from shouting it to the winds as loud as I can. Enough is enough.

Yeah, just wipe this post out, too, or fight it with empty strong words.

Edit: I cannot opt for an older version because security is a must.

Ok, so part of your bitching already has configuration settings to "fix" the problem.

Added and Completed columns have lost utility by skipping the precision and replacing the exact date and time with meaningless expressions (I removed them because they became useless).

Specifically this. Search for "fuzzy" in advanced.

The imposed and absolutely silly yellow bar on the upper side has the unique utility of wasting space and making us to use the program in a larger window.

"spons"

The possibility to narrow the column on the left hand side of the window was just cut off by some brainless manipulator.
It has a minimum width.

Next time, RTFM Before bitching.

Archived