Error: Write to disk: not directory (Mac)

SkyeTorrent

I have a imac with Mountain Lion and have been using uTorrent with no problems till today.

The torrent was downloading and got to 22% when it stopped and the error message "Error: Write To Disk: Not a directory" appeared. I attempted a few times to re-start the download and it starts for a few minutes and stops with the same error message.. Help?

My system is an iMac running Mountain Lion operating system.

Thanks

Skye

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm about to piss all over my MacBook. I've been spending several hours on this error and it's driving me nuts. Can someone please explain what's it about?

I changed my download directories already, no luck. I looked at the rights of the folders, no luck. Also did some other stuff that people suggested on this forum, no luck. Removed and downloaded it again, no luck. (it seems I'm just not a lucky guy)

Running the latest uTorrent on Mountain Lion. Everything has been fine for months, but it started acting like this since a few days ago.

SOLVED!!! Just download transmission app, re-download the torrent file, check the "verify local data" box when adding a torrent and you are set. We sometimes forget that in the time of high technology when the competition in software industry is fierce as it is, some companies seem complacent about retaining their consumer base and start releasing raw products or don't really attend to users' needs. Well, if that is the case, you can always choose to use another program, which in 99% of instances will perform on about the same level as the other app. Not to be mean to uTorrent (which I love) or promote anything, just choose for yourself guys: to spend couple of hours trying to fix seemingly insoluble issue or to use another working app.

Archived