Download Link Issues....

SurreyJoe

Hello Peeps! Here's my problem....When I download a torrent, Utorrent places along with the files I'm downloading, a direct link to the torrent I just started downloading in my download folder. The icon for the link is the small green utorrent symbol. How do I stop utorrent from doing this? Or do I just need to continue to deleting them like I always have? Thanks for your time.

SCREENSHOT: http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g363/Surrey_Joe/Capture1_zps6c3262fd.png

Ya, you'll have to find Chrome support elsewhere.. but from my experience "that's just how chrome does it". You might be able to manually prepend "%TEMP%\" before the rest of the filename when you open torrents, and leave it on the auto-open option to use uTorrent.. to prevent Chrome from saving anywhere else. But you probably need to ask the interwebs for more chrome support.

Yes I'm aware of that also. Chrome has become not so user friendly in my opinion and simple solutions to minor issues like this not being available, makes IE start to look not so bad....I'll just consider this solved but deletion of chrome. Lol Thanks for your help peeps!

simple solutions to minor issues like this not being available,
What? Since when has displaying a file name vocome an issue?

Your screenshot is also of a Windows dialogue NOT a Chrome specific dialogue. Your real beef should be with the torrent indexing sites that add their URI to the filename as it is uploaded, they are the why and how the file is named in such a way. If the job was loaded from a magnet link the .torrent file will have been created by uTorrent and the filename taken from the name in the metadata, here again it is the indexer or the uploader that creates that. So chrome, regardless of it's shortcomings is not to blame.

ciao, the issue I think is that Chrome never downloads files to a temp directory, even if the file will be automatically opened. It always downloads to its cache directory, then moves the file to your downloads directory, then if the file is to be opened, opens it from your downloads directory. IE and Firefox, for example, when you select the "Open" option for a file, instead save or move the file to your temp directory where it will later be purged and "out of sight" for the user.

LT

Chrome IS to blame. I do NOT have this issue with IE, Firefox or Opera. When fownloafing torrents with those other browsers, ONLY THE FILES FROM WITHIN THE TORRENT ARE PRESENT IN MY DOWNLOAD FOLDER, NOT THE .TORRENT FILE. This has nothing to do with who uploaded the file. This happens with EVERY torrent I attempt to download with Chrome. I don't care that a "file name is displayed", I care about always having to go back and delete those extra files out of my download folder as I do A LOT of downloading and it tends to get clogged quickly. It's preference. You have your preference in settings, as do I. What may be a "problem" to you, may not be to me and vice versa. Also, My screenshot is so everyone can see what kind of file is being saved along with the files within the torrent I'm downloading. Simple as that. It's an issue that I can't find an answer to even in google chrome forums and I have other issues with Chrome as well, I just will move on to a different browser. Simply solved....

Archived