uTorrent downloaded the "featured download" and started installing it?

Hysterics

I did not press ok, or show any interest in the featured download... I alt tabbed back into uTorrent and there was a pop up saying it had successfully downloaded the featured download, and had only one button "continue" which proceeded to install some variety of crap.

Not into this shit. I understand it's a free program, and you guys need to get money somehow, but this is bullshit. There are other torrent programs out there, not going to continue using one that installs complete and utter shit onto my computer, that's a complete and utter invasion of privacy. I've used uTorrent for years, since before it was popular, it's a great program, but this is bullshit.

Oh ok, so there's an elaborate way to stop uTorrent from installing programs on my computer without my permission, let us rejoice....

Sorry but this is bullshit, it's a complete and utter invasion of my privacy. I think I would rather spend the time that it would take browsing through these forums finding a fix on downloading a new torrent client. I'm pissed off because I really liked uTorrent, and have used it for ages, and have installed it on so many of my friends computers while teaching them how to torrent, for them to pull shit like this with one of their updates, I don't trust them anymore.

Archived