Incomplete torrent files

slewfoot10

The last two days every torrent I get from the torrent site dime a dozen does not download correctly. Before that I had no problem with torrents from the site. I get incomplete files. I get flac.part files instead of flac files. Any torrent I get from other sites downloads just fine. What might I be doing wrong? And what causes a torrent to yield flac.part instead of flac files?

what causes a torrent to yield flac.part instead of flac files?

Look at your preferences under the directory tab. Default setting is to mark incomplete downloads with "utpart" --- that will go away when you have all the pieces.

Just a point of curiosity -- Transmission uses "part" the same way. Are you using more than one client?

Look at your preferences under the directory tab. Default setting is to mark incomplete downloads with "utpart" --- that will go away when you have all the pieces.

Actually the suffix is !ut for uTorrent and it is on the Preferences -> General panel.

A .part suffix indicates a Windows partial download, so it's quite possible the torrent was created with those already in it.

Actually the suffix is !ut for uTorrent and it is on the Preferences -> General panel.

Perhaps I should have clarified --- *current* Mac version 1.8x -- :/

I shifted to uTorrent recently and am not speaking to a different OS or significantly older Mac version.

Perhaps I should have clarified --- *current* Mac version 1.8x -- :/

I shifted to uTorrent recently and am not speaking to a different OS or significantly older Mac version.

Which of course I should have seen' date=' given that this [b']is the Mac section

Thanks for your help. I have been using transmission too. About half the time. But my problem is that when the torrent is finished downloading and uploading I still have just partial files. This is just happening with dime a dozen torrents. All torrents from other sites are downloading just fine. Since utorrent says the files are done as does transmission when I use that how do I then get the missing parts of the files? Because they are useless without them.

Archived